IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Compatible with windows 8

RJK75

I am running Advanced SystemCare Ultimate v6,on a PC I have just updated to Windows 8, but in Windows 8 I get a flag with 'Solve PC issues: 1 important message', and that is find an antivirus.

Why?

Isn't ASC v6 compatible with windows 8?

Thanks for the reply,

I have just uninstalled ASC 6, going to reinstall again after I've cleaned and checked PC over, but yeah I thought ASC 6 with Antivirus would work on Windows 8, I will post screen shots soon if it happens again.

Well after checking my PC hardware and software and a system clean out I have reinstalled ASC 6.1 with antivirus, Malware Fighter Pro 2.1,

Screen shots x 3:

Solve PC issues, ASC 6.1, MFP 2.1,

I am running Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, 64 Bit, 4 GB Ram,

Worked fine on my Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 Bit,

Any idea's? I am out of at the moment, lol,

Hi RJK75,

Thanks for your fast reply.

For the issue you mentioned, if you installed any other security software on Windows 8.1, Windows defender will be turned off automatically. Thus, when you installed our anti-virus sofware ASC Ultimate, Windows defender was turned off.

To look into the issue further, please click the " Drop-down button" on the top of "Turn on now" and send us the screenshot to show us more details.

Tons of thanks in advance.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi RJK75,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Sorry to tell you the attachment in you sent is too small to see. Would you please send us a bigger and clearer attachment to show it. I am sorry to bother you again. But we really need your assistance.

Thanks in advance. :-D

Solved

Thank you for all your help with resolving this problem,

ASC 6.1 worked in Windows 7 but not Windows 8 or 8.1.

I have now solved the problem, it was quite simple really,

1. I went in to the install folder to check the property settings,

2. In the security tab, in the Group or user names box,

3. I clicked on the edit button,

4. On ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES permissions, Modify and Write was unchecked,

5. I checked Modify and Write and clicked OK to apply.

6. I restarted PC and the 'Solve PC issues: 1 important message', has now gone.

I hope this helps, :-D

That's fine I enjoy a challenge, let me know if there is anything else I can do, I would be happy to test any programs you have on the go.

I would just like to say I have been using IObit products about 3yrs or so, and love them all.

Thanks.

Archived