IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Spam from Iobit

mrnotu

:x so even tho I have you disabled in start up, I log on to my computer and get this big pop up for your Xmas special up on My screen. That is nothing but spam. If you wish to present me special offers use my email and stop cluttering up My PC. :x

Hi mrnotu,

Thanks for your feedback. I will report your suggestion to our product team for consideration. You know we just want to celebrate Christmas with our users by supplying large discounts.:wink:

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Need answers IObit

So I turn on my computer last night after being away for a few days on business, and about 30 minutes in I get this... popup. A little windowed Christmas advertisement for IObits "products". I use the task manager to figure out where this adware program came from and I find it inside the only IObit product I use folder.

After some investigating I see that the program, called NewUpdater.exe, has downloaded itself, installed itself, and executed itself on my computers boot up.

Let me make this very clear. The only program from IObit I even SORT of use is Smart Defrag 2. It does not automatically update, it does not automatically look for updates, it does not automatically defrag, it does not automatically run on startup and nothing in the registry even indicated that it will. it does not automatically do jack crap.

What's the big deal you ask? Think about this. A company that claims to offer a product that removes adware has just automatically downloaded, installed, and run an .exe that is specifically adware. The WORST kind of adware. An executable program that could have, by the way, done whatever it wanted to my computer while it was running. How it managed to do this I'm still trying to figure out. Did you bury something in the on install licence that stated I would be granting your product permissions to do this? Because theirs certainly nothing in the EULA inside the smart defrag folder that even remotely hints at it.

This was a very stupid move IObit. Some answers would be nice.

I was directed here from my thread about the very same thing. Since this one has a rep in it i'll just express my concerns here.

It's not only that it's very clearly spam, ADWARE even, it's spam that comes from its very own .exe. An .exe that I still can not figure out how it got on my computer and executed itself, since every visible possible option even down to registry entries for anything automatic had been disabled for me as well.

Anyone who knows anything about computers can understand how dangerous this is. The only product I use from you is Smart Defrag 2. If you tell me that Smart Defrag 2, while being visibly turned off in every way opened up some back door and allowed a self-executing program to be downloaded to my computer without any permissions whatsoever we're going to have some serious PR problems here. Regardless of how harmless this ad is, it opens up MANY other questions regarding what exactly is going on with your software while its "off".

Thanks for the reference, since that thread has a rep in it I'll just direct my concerns there.

My mind is still boggled at how they could ever think this was ok. Only opens up more questions as to whats going on inside IObits software that apparently opens up back doors and allows self-executing programs to be silently downloaded without any permission whatsoever.

ASC.7 Issues & Unwanted Iobit Spam Pop-ups

Dear Cicely,

I hope you are doing great!

As you may remember I am a relative new user of the Iobit products.

I am still test driving, not sure about the service. I bought Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 with Anti-virus, then recently as you know I upgraded to ASC Ultimate V7.0.1.600 with Anti-virus an apparent upgrade from ASC V6 Ultimate with Anti-virus.

1) Can you please provide a side-by-side Comparison to

ASC 6 Ultimate w/Anti-virus vs ASC Ultimate 7 w/Anti-virus

2) Fairly new to using Iobit products I was just realizing that I am beginning to trust the programs until a couple of days ago while working on a very important project for my business I was abruptly interrupted by the ASC.7 randomly downloading something. This is NOT acceptable. I have never had programs randomly download programs without my consent unless a virus, malware or adware.

Please show me how to turn off all random updates & programs that are intrusive and wasting my time, interrupting important work.

There are already many advertisements, every time I open ASC there are ads. I have same sentiments per each of "xact's" posts (one quoted below).

3) Database Update Issues

For 2-days ASC.7 has been alerting me OUTDATED "Database is outdated" and I though I am tech savvy, I am not a tech pro and I don't know what is the database?! In the meantime I followed the directive to "Update" the database and it goes through the motions but I have not been able to get it installed for 2-days!!! I lost count but have probably click OK to update the database more than 5-times and scanned CARE & Anti-virus Scan and come up with same issue it will NOT update database.

Security on my pc: ASC.7 and Microsoft Windows Defender.

Today the ASC.7 randomly had a new message "INSTALL UPDATE" so I clicked OK and it ran but the ASC.7 still has ":-(" and wants to Update Database! Though there were no instructions to do so I next restarted my pc hoping the updated database issue would resolve itself. It did NOT resolve I have the same issue and it is back to square one asking to update database.

Are there other complaints & concerns about the database update issue?

PLEASE ADVISE.

4) I NEVER had spam or adware nor update issues with ASC.6 I'm not sure I like the ASC.7

Please provide the side-by-side comparison as requested above so that I can see the value of the ASC.7 that I am not trusting yet.

I hope you can help soon the ASC.7 is wearing me out and I am weary of looking at the warning

"OUTDATED Database is out of date"

I hope it is a simple database issue fix, and I want instructions how to UNINSTALL the Iobit adware.

Thank You!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays,

Laurie"

Thanks for the reference, since that thread has a rep in it I'll just direct my concerns there.

My mind is still boggled at how they could ever think this was ok. Only opens up more questions as to whats going on inside IObits software that apparently opens up back doors and allows self-executing programs to be silently downloaded without any permission whatsoever.

Hi Laurie and xact,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

For your first question, the differences between ASC Ultimate v6 and ASC Ultimate v7. Actually, ASC Ultimate v7 has been improved and enhanced on the basic of ASC Ultimate v6, which means ASC Ultimate v7 has all the features of ASC Ultimate 6 and added new features. You can check the update history in the installation folder of ASC Ultimate v7 to see details. Also, you can read the link http://www.iobit.com/advanced-systemcare-antivirus.php to know more about ASC Ultimate v7.

For the issue "Database is outdated", you know every antivirus software will update their database to ensure that they can protect users' PCs from the latest viruses. ASC Ultimate v7 as an anti-virus software, it needs to update database to protect your PC against the latest viruses. You got the notification "Database is outdated" is because that you failed to update the database. To update the database, please uninstall your current ASC Ultimate v7 and re-install it from http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare-ultimate to see whether you can update the database successfully.

@ xact and Laurie, for the advertisements, I will report your concerns to our product team. However, actually, one program only pops up the promotion once. But if you installed not only one program from IObit, you may get more.

As I mentioned before we only want to celebrate Christmas with our users by supplying large discounts. We are sorry, if it bothers you. :grin:

Hi Cieley,

Thank you for quick response.

I understand what you are saying but you still are NOT addressing the issue I have that is I can not have programs randomly popping up and doing things on my pc when I did not authorize / consent no matter what "good intent" or not Bottomline it is intrusive and distracting.

I use my pc for business and do my best to manage the security and all I am asking is to be notified of any changes BEFORE any company just insinuates it's "bright ideas" without getting prior approval.

It is unnerving to have a company think it can simply take over one's pc at will.

Please try to understand the big picture concern.

Thank You,

Laurie"

Hi Laurie and xact,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

For your first question, the differences between ASC Ultimate v6 and ASC Ultimate v7. Actually, ASC Ultimate v7 has been improved and enhanced on the basic of ASC Ultimate v6, which means ASC Ultimate v7 has all the features of ASC Ultimate 6 and added new features. You can check the update history in the installation folder of ASC Ultimate v7 to see details. Also, you can read the link http://www.iobit.com/advanced-systemcare-antivirus.php to know more about ASC Ultimate v7.

For the issue "Database is outdated", you know every antivirus software will update their database to ensure that they can protect users' PCs from the latest viruses. ASC Ultimate v7 as an anti-virus software, it needs to update database to protect your PC against the latest viruses. You got the notification "Database is outdated" is because that you failed to update the database. To update the database, please uninstall your current ASC Ultimate v7 and re-install it from http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare-ultimate to see whether you can update the database successfully.

@ xact and Laurie, for the advertisements, I will report your concerns to our product team. However, actually, one program only pops up the promotion once. But if you installed not only one program from IObit, you may get more.

As I mentioned before we only want to celebrate Christmas with our users by supplying large discounts. We are sorry, if it bothers you. :grin:

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

So Why would these .exe's be necessary? All these features are built into the program, and many other Virus's work that way, so again what's the point of these?

FYI ANYONE WHO SEES THIS SAVE IT, THEN CHECK YOUR OWN APPS IN THE IOBits FOLDER QUICKLY BEFORE THEY DELETE MY COMMENT FOR CALLING THEM OUT< THIS ARE WHY U GET ALL THOSE POP UPS FOR OTHER PROGRAMS BY THEM.

• 7 months later...