IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

URGENT: Iobit Need to Respond ASAP

Scannan

URGENT:

I am extremely concerned regarding the the Forum at present.

I have noted today that the Topic started by Enoskype in Spammers Heaven regarding Apple iPhone sale, has been modified. It is now not possible

to post a reply in this topic. Also, the structure of this Topic has been altered in that the Reply facility has been removed...the Quote facility has been removed and the Comment facility

has been removed.

Additionally, In the Spammers Forum it is no longer possible to post a new Topic as this facility has also been removed.

I can only assume that this is a deliberate act by either Iobit and/or vBulletin.

I would appreciate an explanation as to these issues as a matter of Urgency, as this sort of interference/manipulation of the Forum is both a cause of concern and unacceptable.

Hi Scannan,

Today I struggled to reply there and then I have seen that the permission even for Admins were not as standard.

I will look the permissions for Mods right now. You can try it.

I suppose it has been changed when the new Forum is introduced. I don't think it was intentional, but it was because of default settings application, as these sections' behavior is different in new Forum.

Cheers.

NOTE: I have already synchronized the permissions in Spammers Heaven, please try!

Thanks Enoskype

It seems to be back to normal now. I just thought it was strange that only your Topic and Spammer Heaven Forum were affected, particularly

with the issues regarding Spam/registration and the support shown ifor your stand in your AppleiPhone Topic.

I am attaching a screenshot of the cookie from Iobit which is causing the issues with Posting/Editing,,etc...

Simply deleting this single cookie and refreshing the browser tab....sorts the issues.

I already posted the information regarding this cookie, but Iobit/vBulletin do not seem to be interested as there was no response whatsoever. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n192667[/ATTACH]

I am glad the problem is solved for you.

Unfortunaley it is not possible to check if all the functions of old forum is working in the new one and we have to try to solve one by one when a problem appears

I still cannot create a new channel (section in old forum) for IMF v3 and Cicely also cannot, and still vBulletin did not solve it. :x

Now there is another new bug.

When I reply or edit a post and click save it says that there has been an error loading the post and reply is not seen. When I refresh the page my reply is alrady posted a n there seems to be nothing wrong with the reply. STRANGE!

Thanks for that cookie, and I was wondering about it.

Where exactly is it located? Can you post the whole path please.

How is it related to AVG?

Thanks and cheers.

Enis

Yes there are a lot of bugs, and vBulletin's progress/response to solving is very disappointing.

That bug saying there is an error loading the post, is an old error which seemed to have been fixed for a while, and now it is back again. So much for progress.

The path for the cookie will dependon where your system stores its browser cookies. I an using firefox, so I can go to Tools/Options/Privacy and select remove individual cookies,

which gives me a list of fcookies in firefox and i can simply highlight that cookie and remove it. It is better than having to clear cache and cookies, which makes it necessary to re-login to everything again.

You could simply type in the cookie name and do a search in your system to see where it is stored.

I do not know what the relationship is to AVG....if there is any. It seems to be used in many places ...see here.

I wonder when the Forum will once again become the Iobit Forum....rather than the vBulletin forum....see Post

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Enoskype

It seems to be back to normal now. I just thought it was strange that only your Topic and Spammer Heaven Forum were affected, particularly

with the issues regarding Spam/registration and the support shown ifor your stand in your AppleiPhone Topic.

I am attaching a screenshot of the cookie from Iobit which is causing the issues with Posting/Editing,,etc...

Simply deleting this single cookie and refreshing the browser tab....sorts the issues.

I already posted the information regarding this cookie, but Iobit/vBulletin do not seem to be interested as there was no response whatsoever. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n192667[/ATTACH]

UPDATE:

Unbelievable as it may seem.....Having already identified the cookie from Iobit.com which was causing the issues with the forum Editing/Posting/Topics,,,etc...and assuming that this offending cookie would be either repaired or removed.....I now discover that not only has it not been repaired/removed....but now just to make sure that we continue to have issues with this new Forum layout...Avangate are now also sending the same cookie.

So, now if you clear the Iobit.com cookie you may still have problems and will have to find the Avangate cookie also and remove that as well.

It seems they have no will to correct the Forum issues.

This Forum version should be updated immediately to version 5.1.3 with the hope that some of the problems will be solved. :x

Scannan, I am together with you that there is not enough effort to solve very annoying issues.

e.g. The last poster of this topic seemed to be DearWebby, so I came to read the post, then I realized that the post correctly moved by you to SD section and the last post was the one from you from September 3rd. To see the result with curiosity , I have soft deleted the topic (with the wrong post deletion icon as you have pointed out in another post), now when I choose TODAY'S POSTS, I see that there is a post (UPDATE:) by you which has been posted about 4 hours ago. UNBELIEVABLE.!?!?!?!?!

I find the Administration of this NEW FORUM hell of a disappointing voluntary JOB !

Not much left to throw the towel!

Cheers.

Yes, it is certainly testing ones patience and dedication. What I find particularly annoying is that if you want to move posts it lets you do all the work and when you go to implement the move you are asked to login with your password....even though you are already logged in....then when you login your password it takes you back to the beginning and you have to do the post move all over again.

I HOPE IOBIT REALISE THAT THE FORUM IS IN DANGER OF COLLAPSE UNLESS THEY INSIST THAT VbULLETIN GET ON BOARD AND SORT THESE ISSUES. WE HAVE GIVEN THEM THE FEEDBACK AND EVEN FOUND SOME OF THE SOLUTIONS FOR THEM. WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT IN ORDER TO GET OFF THEIR BUTTS.

Archived