IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ransomware question

chromespark

My laptop was hit by Aesir ransomware and now all my files are encrypted and can not be executed :( This happened when Bitdefender and Iobit MF was active....

So I want to ask you if it is a chance to recover my files for free? I've already used different antiviruses and antimalware tools, but nothing realy helps. Also I found guide (link attached) that recommends SpyHunter tool - can it help me with my problem? It is wise to pay for it?

And my last petition for you - please make good ransomware protection in your Antimalware tool !

Aesir file virus: remove ransomware and decrypt .aesir extension files « Soft2Secure

I know this doesn't actually answer your question, but it is worth a read. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/announcement/frivolous-lawsuits/help-bleepingcomputer-defend-freedom-of-speech/

Take a look at Emsisoft's site. In addition to their excellent firewall and anti malware. They have released a number ransomware decrypters. Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

Hi chromespark,

Sorry to hear that.

Please send us an infected file so that we can look into it. Please zip the file with the password : iobit

By the way, please boot your PC in safe mood and restore your PC before it is infected to see whether it can help you out of it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 4 months later...

Your unfortunate experience will be a reminder to all Windows Users to make a System Image on a daily basis or at least once a week. I have two interal SSD's which makes backing up 60GB of used space on my primary SSD to my secondary SSD a snap. Takes about 10 minutes to complete a System Image and about 10 minutes to recover my system. You can choose to make a Boot Disk or Boot Flash Drive after the installation of a reputable Backup Program.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with supertweaker. It`s always better to be cautious and make System image from time to time. At least on weekly basis, it`s not that hard and it can save you alot of hassle.

Also you could try using account with no admin privileges on daily tasks which mainly do not require use of one.

Cheers %5B/size%5D%5B/font%5D%5B/color%5Dhttps://imagicon.info/cat/13-84/vbsmile.png' alt='vbsmile.png'>

Archived