IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Farewell IObit... It was nice while it lasted

ektorbarajas

If you need to understand why the title of this topic, please check this post:

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/genera...t-paid-support

On that post you can witness that for several weeks the paid support was totally nonexistent, even that I submitted several paid support requests and posted several messages on that thread and even some PMs.

BUT, is just the nonexistent paid support what is making me say farewell to IOBit??? not at all, based on the fact that I was totally ignored for a "premium" support that I paid for I deciced to fully uninstall ALL iobit products from my laptop.

Then by coincidence as soon as I uninstalled ALL iobit products, and restarted my computer, Windows fall creators update was able to sucessfully install on my laptop!!! since this update was released for some "strange" reason it was not able to fully install on my laptop, and it was very strange (but very welcome) coincidence that after removing ALL iobit products this update was installed successfully after a couple of reboots.

But that is not all the story, after Windows 10 fall creators update was installed and I manually rebooted my computer, I noticed better performance vs having installed:

Smart Defrag Pro

Advanced System Care Pro

IObit Malware FIghter Pro

IObit uninstaller pro

Driverbooster pro

IObit Unlocker

And indeed my good old Dell latitude XPS 15 (L502X) is performing way better after Windows 10 fall creator update AND uninstalling IObit software mentioned above.

So, after this strange but very welcome result I did the task of researching the internet for Windows Optimizers reviews and noticed that now "Top Ten Reviews" has ranked Advanced System Care pro 11 with the lowest rating:

http://www.toptenreviews.com/softwar...ties-software/

Even they mention that having this software installed "made our computer slower by 7.12 percent". (and this is what I was facing)

IObit, sorry for being so harsh but all of this was triggered by neglecting my paid support and this makes me realize that my Windows 10 laptop is performing way better without any optimization software, that is right, I've not installed any other optimization software and due to the performance boost I will never ever use any optimization software.

Seems that the trend expressed in many websites is true, Windows 10 as of today can take care of itself without any optimization or tunning software:

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ws-10-clean-up

• 3 months later...

Is really a shame that IObit has changed for worse!

They used to answer at the forum and they used to answer paid support questions in no more than 48 hours (max).

Now the forums are plagued with posts with no replies from moderators, experts or IOBit staff.

And the paid support is practically non-existent

Indeed, it was good nice while it lasted...

• 1 month later...

Yes ektorbaarajas, I am starting to agree with you! And As of today I am Planning on quitting my registration and remove all Of IObits software!!! As I can not find or get help anywhere on this site? Its sure has changed! All I wanted was to know how to keep SystemCare 12 Pro, from removing my Cookies or logins on IE! Or any browser I am using? It use to be able to tell it want not to remove but now that does NOT seem to work! Every Time I run the cleaner I have to go through and relog into all my favorite places that I use everyday! And when you have to keep looking into some site every time you want to use them they get surprises and make me answer all kinds of questions to make sure its me!!! IF I do not run the cleaner I can just click on any of my favorite places and I am ether logged in or like my bank I just need to enter the password! Now, If I run the cleaner I have to enter my ID, My password and Questions like where was I born to get in! I am sick of it so I no longer run the Cleaner and So, I no longer need IObits!!! There used to be a setting for this in SystemCare but it no longer appears to work? I have it set to Not Remove or change anything in IE! and yet every time I use it and re-boot ALL my logins are GONE!!! If they are not supporting IObit any longer I certainly will not pay for it and if that's the case I will remove it from ALL my computers! It was nice while it lasted for sure but now it sucks and so does there support! Thanks for your input! at least I know I am not alone and I will be joining you soon,,

Merlin289:

I gave several opportunities to iobit and even the paid support sucks! They no longer reply back.

The forums are totally useless. Several years ago the forum system was totally different and was a lot of interaction. Now the forums seems like a graveyard.

Is is a shame that the glory days of iobit are gone.

I’ve switched back to iolo System mechanic and after having it running for more than 3 months my windows 10 latitude XPS is working fine. Iolo indeed rebirth like a Phoenix after the disastrous System Mechanic 15 and 16 (and version 17 has less hiccups but was not optimizing my laptop at all) version 18 works pretty good and has a background service that monitors CPU and RAM to avoid lags and also has an accelewrite module ghat in real time prevents fragmentation.

It is very sad to see such customer disappointment being expressed....but also sadly it would appear to ring true.

This used to be an excellent forum and the assistance provided to users was top class.

Then two things happened....... back in 2015 Iobit upgraded the Forum Site and there were a lot of negative issues, which made the Site difficult for

Admins and Mods. These issues were pointed out to Iobit, but unfortunately were mostly ignored. This led to a sharp decline in Admin Mod participation.

Then, Iobit adopted a very strange policy. Rather than continue to give the realtime support to users for issues, right here in the Forum, Iobit treated every issue,

by requesting users to download various testprograms and to supply diagnostic logs. While that is understandable for major issues which could not be

resolved here in the Forum, it certainly was not appropriate for the majority of everyday issues which used to be dealt with in realtime here in the Forum.

Something seems to have changed in Iobit Management, and the attitude towards users has become very negative.

Iobit products are still very good, but unless Iobit take serious notice of User feedback and User issues, then the future for these products looks not too bright.

It is not too late, and hopefully, Iobit will see the light and return to the good old days where, users could come to this Forum, and receive genuine realtime assistance

with issues.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ektorbarajas,

Sincerely sorry that I missed this post. ?

As I replied in you another post, I almost read and reply forum everyday. However, some posts may really be missed due to some reasons. ( If you post just evening or some other off work time, I may miss it the next day when I just check Today's new post) I know no reason should became my explanations. I should check more to try to avoid missing posts.

If you post but did not get my reply in 2 days, please communicate directly by Email at https://www.iobit.com/en/onlinefeedback.php

Due to the different mechanisms, it is less possible to miss Emails. ( It does not mean Email is more important. It is just because the forum that is more possible to miss posts even we have updated our forum)

@Scannan, I agreed with you that the forum have some issues after forum update. Thus, we updated our forum again last year. Is everything better? If you meet any forum issues, please let me know.

Thanks for your understanding.

@Scannan, I agreed with you that the forum have some issues after forum update. Thus, we updated our forum again last year. Is everything better? If you meet any forum issues, please let me know.

Cicely

All the old issues still exist since the Forum Upgrade. They are all listed in the Topics posted at the time of the Upgrade.

Nothing was fixed, so there is not much point in me listing them again. You can see the old posts in the Private section of the Forum.

Sadly, the reason a lot of the Admins and Mods stopped being active in the Forum, is because it is so difficult now to perform the simplest

functions in the forum.

The old Forum before the Upgrade was excellent. It proves that Newer is not always Better.

Hi ektorbarajas,

As I replied in you another post, I almost read and reply forum everyday. However, some posts may really be missed due to some reasons. ( If you post just evening or some other off work time, I may miss it the next day when I just check Today's new post) I know no reason should became my explanations. I should check more to try to avoid missing posts.

If you post but did not get my reply in 2 days, please communicate directly by Email at https://www.iobit.com/en/onlinefeedback.php

Due to the different mechanisms, it is less possible to miss Emails. ( It does not mean Email is more important. It is just because the forum that is more possible to miss posts even we have updated our forum)

Hi ektorbarajas,

@Cicely I don't know if you refer to use the "free" support option, because I've used the paid support and several months ago started to NEVER receive a reply, several tickets were lost in the limbo. btw iobit really need a totally new paid support system, one that once the user submits the ticket, the system immediately sends the user an email with the ticket number and so is possible to follow up. As of today when a user submits a paid support ticket, never receives an email.

Also as @Scannan mentions, the new forum is awful!, I recall back in 2007 when I joined the forum, that the forum worked way better

Cicely, I trully apperciate that you are replying to our posts, hope this continues and that iobit improves the support options (Forum, Paid support, Free support)

Thanks

Archived