IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Extend space for personal signature!

sweidre

Personal Signature

The allowed number of characters for personal signature is too limited!

I advise, that the length of signature should be at least be one full line.

In my mind, the main purpose of the signature is to list important info regarding the member's computer OS, installed important softwares (especially those from IObit) with version numbers. With this crucial info, assist/advice by fellow members will be facilitated!

Regards,

sweidre

Hi sweidre,

I think there is a misunderstanding there, as the max. characters per line is 90, and you can have more than 1 line.

I have edited yours for testing purposes (and added 90x + 10x), but please feel free to change those.

The restrictions, because of the spamming, are for vB Code, Smilies , Code and HTML.

Cheers.

Personal Signature ctd.

Hi Enoskype,

I'm a little confused now! You could easily change my signature, OK! Then I wanted to change the signature (under User CP). When finished, I got an error message: "1. Your signature cannot be longer than 50 characters including BBC markup." Then I looked at my previous post, of which you edited the signature. The post was as before with your edited signature. (I expected, that I had destroyed the signature, because of the error message).

Are there two types of signatures? Anyhow, I want to create one single common signature, that should automatically be placed in the bottom of every post, that I create.

Cheers,

sweidre

Hi enoskype and sweidre

:-) Yes actually there are 85 characters + 12 spaces - in all 97 if we count all characters.

A space is a character too in the sense that it also has a character number!

And there could be more if there were more than one line :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. In my signature there are 6 lines and 224 characters + 37 spaces in all 261 characters.

I wonder why it reacts as reported by you?

Hi sweidre,

I count more than 50 characters in your signature.:roll: :?::?::?:

Cheers.

My Signature (ctd)

Hi enoskype,

I would like to have a signature like this (note, in small fonts with underlined headings and IObit products in red color! The letters should be shaded, but it is not possible, I think!):

----------------------------------

0.) General: Win7 Pro x64, RAM: 6GB, ADSL 8-12 Mbits/s (↓) & 0.8-1.5 Mbits/s (↑), Anonine VPN

1.) Browsers:(IE9 βeta7), Slimbrowser, Avant, FF3.6.13, Chrome10.0.612.1βeta, ChromePlus

2.) Online Softwares: ESET Smart Security, Immunet Protect, Emsisoft, MBAM, SUPERAntispyware, WinPatrol, CallingID Link Scanner, MailWasher, OpenDNS, IObit Smart Defrag 2 βeta 1.1, SpywareBlaster

3.) On Demand Softwares: Hitman Pro, Hostsman, Process Hacker, Spybot, Win Defender, Returnil System Safe, Sandboxie, TaskCatcher Plus, VirusTotal Uploader

4.) Other IObit Softwares FREE: ASC 3.7.3, Toolbox 1.1, FreeApps 1.0

5.) Security Backups: Norton Ghost (systemdrive), GoodSync (datadrives)

------------------------

But always I get the message, that the signature should be limited to 50 characters! The current signature is done by You enoskype! I cannot create it! (You made it on two lines, but it has been changed to one line. I cannot edit it, because of this error message!)

Cheers,

sweidre

Hi sweidre

I changed your signature - hope it is ok and as you wanted.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi enoskype,

I would like to have a signature like this (note, in small fonts with underlined headings and IObit products in red color! The letters should be shaded, but it is not possible, I think!):

----------------------------------

0.) General: Win7 Pro x64, RAM: 6GB, ADSL 8-12 Mbits/s (↓) & 0.8-1.5 Mbits/s (↑), Anonine VPN

1.) Browsers:(IE9 βeta7), Slimbrowser, Avant, FF3.6.13, Chrome10.0.612.1βeta, ChromePlus

2.) Online Softwares: ESET Smart Security, Immunet Protect, Emsisoft, MBAM, SUPERAntispyware, WinPatrol, CallingID Link Scanner, MailWasher, OpenDNS, IObit Smart Defrag 2 βeta 1.1, SpywareBlaster

3.) On Demand Softwares: Hitman Pro, Hostsman, Process Hacker, Spybot, Win Defender, Returnil System Safe, Sandboxie, TaskCatcher Plus, VirusTotal Uploader

4.) Other IObit Softwares FREE: ASC 3.7.3, Toolbox 1.1, FreeApps 1.0

5.) Security Backups: Norton Ghost (systemdrive), GoodSync (datadrives)

------------------------

But always I get the message, that the signature should be limited to 50 characters! The current signature is done by You enoskype! I cannot create it! (You made it on two lines, but it has been changed to one line. I cannot edit it, because of this error message!)

Cheers,

sweidre

My Signature (ctd)

Hi Solbjerg!

Thanks a lot for fixing my signature! It's embarrasing, that I cannot do it myself. When I originally joined this forum (I think it was in 2008), I had no problems to create a signature. How did you fix it without the error message, that the signature should be limited to 50 characters?

That underlines are missing, and that Orbit products not are appearing in red color, I think we can live with.

The problem now is that the area of the signature is too big. It will look strange, when the signature sometimes will be bigger than the real message. Is it possible to decrease the font size of the signature to the smallest possible? Otherwise, I think I have to get maybe 50% of the words removed. The signature should be a slimmed infoarea in the bottom of the post, not more.

If I try to change the signature myself, I will get error message again, I am sure! The error message appears, when I click on "preview" or "submit". Is there any helpfile how to create signatures? There must be a way to fix a signature myself! I cannot ask for assistance every time, I will change my signature!

Please, advice!

Cheers,

sweidre

Hi sweidre

I haven't yet found out how to format your signature I do not even know if it is possible for me at this time..

Would you please make a screenshot of your signature permissions.

I am an administrator so I have permission to everything there.

You don't , but I would like to see the permissions granted you.

We had to remove some options in the signature because many spammers utilized it to advertise something or other.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg!

Thanks a lot for fixing my signature! It's embarrasing, that I cannot do it myself. When I originally joined this forum (I think it was in 2008), I had no problems to create a signature. How did you fix it without the error message, that the signature should be limited to 50 characters?

That underlines are missing, and that Orbit products not are appearing in red color, I think we can live with.

The problem now is that the area of the signature is too big. It will look strange, when the signature sometimes will be bigger than the real message. Is it possible to decrease the font size of the signature to the smallest possible? Otherwise, I think I have to get maybe 50% of the words removed. The signature should be a slimmed infoarea in the bottom of the post, not more.

If I try to change the signature myself, I will get error message again, I am sure! The error message appears, when I click on "preview" or "submit". Is there any helpfile how to create signatures? There must be a way to fix a signature myself! I cannot ask for assistance every time, I will change my signature!

Please, advice!

Cheers,

sweidre

Hi Solbjerg,

A printscreen has now been attached (IObit Permissions001.jpg). As you can see, I have no permissions at the bottom at all! Only "No"s! When pressing the "submit" and/or "preview" buttons, the message that my signature can only consist of max. 50 characters appear. (see printscreen) So all my attemps to edit my signature will not be saved at all!

Shall I delete the signature for good and store it in a text-file instead? When somebody wants to know my softwares, I can copy the signature and paste it from the text-file into the botton of any forum post. Not convenient, but better than a max. 50 character signature!

Cheers,

sweidre

Hi sweidre

I haven't yet found out how to format your signature I do not even know if it is possible for me at this time..

Would you please make a screenshot of your signature permissions.

I am an administrator so I have permission to everything there.

You don't , but I would like to see the permissions granted you.

We had to remove some options in the signature because many spammers utilized it to advertise something or other.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi sweidre

Perhaps that is best - otherwise we might get swamped with requests to

change other signatures too :-)

Not too hard to add it to a post where it is needed :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi Solbjerg,

A printscreen has now been attached (IObit Permissions001.jpg). As you can see, I have no permissions at the bottom at all! Only "No"s! When pressing the "submit" and/or "preview" buttons, the message that my signature can only consist of max. 50 characters appear. (see printscreen) So all my attemps to edit my signature will not be saved at all!

Shall I delete the signature for good and store it in a text-file instead? When somebody wants to know my softwares, I can copy the signature and paste it from the text-file into the botton of any forum post. Not convenient, but better than a max. 50 character signature!

Cheers,

sweidre

Hi sweidre

I thought that you might place the signature as a picture in your profile/signature if possible.

Something like the attached file.

Cheers

solbjerg

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6730&stc=1&d=1296343342

Hi Solbjerg,

Cheers,

sweidre

Signatures

Hi solbjerg:smile:,

I have full understanding for your decision! I hope, that I now can delete or inactivate my signature from my User CP myself (I have not yet tried!). I will place my signature in a text-file for pasting into any post of mine, when needed only! I think, that the signature is not needed often. I think, it is needed only when I face any problem and need any help from anybody to advice me to delete any software, that might be in conflict with other softwares or with my OS Win 7 x64. It might happen, when/if I have installed a new program version, that causes conflicts with other softwares. This will for sure not happen often, maybe never! Another advantage is, that my posts will now be shorter with no redundant signature! (space saving).

I am aware of this now, but for new members it should be good, if you under User CP -> Edit Signature will add some kind of instruction/warning, that the signature is now limited to 50 characters only!

Cheers,:-D

sweidre

Hi sweidre

I thought that you might place the signature as a picture in your profile/signature if possible.

Something like the attached file.

Cheers

solbjerg

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6730&stc=1&d=1296343342

Signatures

Hi Solbjerg again,

I will just explain to you, why I wanted to place all my softwares in my signature. This is a habit from another Forum, where I am a member: "Immunet Protect". Immunet Protect is an antivirus- software in two versions: "Immunet Protect FREE & Immunet Protect Plus. The FREE- version is purely cloud- based and can be online together with other online antivirus- & antimalware-softwares. (A competitor of the cloud-based Panda). To the point:

When a new version of Immunet is issued, it sometimes happens, that many members in the Forum are complaining, that there has appeared a bug disturbing their computers. Those who have received problems are called to a certain thread and post all their security softwares. Then a moderator or admin can study, if the members have a certain software, that seems to be in conflict with the new Immunet version. Until now, reprogramming works of Immunet have solved all problems.

Most members (myself included) have therefore listed OS and all security softwares in our signatures, so admins & mods can easily see what security softwares we have installed.

The forum of Immunet has not so many members as IObit, so Immunet has not yet got any spamming problem. Only once a member made ads for another antivirus software on the most frequently used threads, but within a day or two that member was expelled from the forum and has not turned back!

Cheers,

sweidre

PS. Note, I am not employed with Immunet, only participating as a member in their forum! DS.

Hi sweidre

Yes, in the event of trouble it is good idea to list ones programs.

We often ask members to do that if they have explained their problem very sparingly. :-) i.e. "I have a problem with your program - it won't start:-( "

About your signature you could place a link to the location of your list i.e. http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6730&d=1296343342

in your signature, those in need of knowing could then copy the link and place it in the address line to view your compiled list.

A link to the post in this thread where you show the list would also work I think.

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=56918&postcount=6

We would have to copy the link and insert it in the address line while an activated link in the signature is not possible due to spammer defense measures..

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg again,

I will just explain to you, why I wanted to place all my softwares in my signature. This is a habit from another Forum, where I am a member: "Immunet Protect". Immunet Protect is an antivirus- software in two versions: "Immunet Protect FREE & Immunet Protect Plus. The FREE- version is purely cloud- based and can be online together with other online antivirus- & antimalware-softwares. (A competitor of the cloud-based Panda). To the point:

When a new version of Immunet is issued, it sometimes happens, that many members in the Forum are complaining, that there has appeared a bug disturbing their computers. Those who have received problems are called to a certain thread and post all their security softwares. Then a moderator or admin can study, if the members have a certain software, that seems to be in conflict with the new Immunet version. Until now, reprogramming works of Immunet have solved all problems.

Most members (myself included) have therefore listed OS and all security softwares in our signatures, so admins & mods can easily see what security softwares we have installed.

The forum of Immunet has not so many members as IObit, so Immunet has not yet got any spamming problem. Only once a member made ads for another antivirus software on the most frequently used threads, but within a day or two that member was expelled from the forum and has not turned back!

Cheers,

sweidre

PS. Note, I am not employed with Immunet, only participating as a member in their forum! DS.

Signatures (test only)

Hi,

As the signature field is limited to 50 characters only, I am just testing, if it is possible to upload a thumnail image listing my computer's OS and security softwares, if needed (required)!

Yes, it really works! Fine!

The size of the thumnail image is 307 kB but will in fact be enlarged & legible by clicking on it. Fine!

If, and i say if only, the image has to be uploaded frequently, then I must find out a routine, how to easily search for & easily delete all attachments, that are not needed any longer in older posts.

I apologize for using valuable space of this forum for this test, but I want to keep the post here until Solbjerg has viewed it and given his comments. I hope this way will be satisfactory!

Bye for now,

sweidre

signatures (ctd)

Hi Solbjerg,

Thanks for your advice below, but would you, please, study the post, that I have just posted on this thread close to this post with an attached thumbnail image of my real signature. This method is possible as well!

When I have got some sleep, I will study your proposal given below!

Cheers & Thanks,

sweidre

Hi sweidre

Yes, in the event of trouble it is good idea to list ones programs.

We often ask members to do that if they have explained their problem very sparingly. :-) i.e. "I have a problem with your program - it won't start:-( "

About your signature you could place a link to the location of your list i.e. http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6730&d=1296343342

in your signature, those in need of knowing could then copy the link and place it in the address line to view your compiled list.

A link to the post in this thread where you show the list would also work I think.

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=56918&postcount=6

We would have to copy the link and insert it in the address line while an activated link in the signature is not possible due to spammer defense measures..

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi sweidre,

I am testing to put the address of your image to your signature.

Just copy the address part and paste it to the address bar of a browser, you can see the image then.

So, when you need to change the content of the image, yo can attach a new image to your future post and then change the address in your signature.

Then you don't need to delete anything, as your signature in all of your posts will have the new address for the new image attachment.

Please confirm if it is clear.

Cheers.

Hi sweidre

Actually I think that a copied list inserted in your post on demand is fine.

In your CP go to miscellaneous and choose attachments.

There you can delete those you want.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

As the signature field is limited to 50 characters only, I am just testing, if it is possible to upload a thumnail image listing my computer's OS and security softwares, if needed (required)!

Yes, it really works! Fine!

The size of the thumnail image is 307 kB but will in fact be enlarged & legible by clicking on it. Fine!

If, and i say if only, the image has to be uploaded frequently, then I must find out a routine, how to easily search for & easily delete all attachments, that are not needed any longer in older posts.

I apologize for using valuable space of this forum for this test, but I want to keep the post here until Solbjerg has viewed it and given his comments. I hope this way will be satisfactory!

Bye for now,

sweidre

Hi enoskype and sweidre

I added a bit to sweidre's signature - this thread post count 6.

We can delete it again if any of you wish so. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. In enoskype's link 69 characters - in my link 56 characters, so perhaps sweidre can't make this by himself?

If http:// is removed from the link there will be only 49 characters in the link I inserted, but one would then have to add http:// in the address line to get to the post.

Hi sweidre,

I am testing to put the address of your image to your signature.

Just copy the address part and paste it to the address bar of a browser, you can see the image then.

So, when you need to change the content of the image, yo can attach a new image to your future post and then change the address in your signature.

Then you don't need to delete anything, as your signature in all of your posts will have the new address for the new image attachment.

Please confirm if it is clear.

Cheers.

Hi solbjerg,

I have done another thing!

Added a multiple line box for Computer Details to the profile field of users.

It may be empty for the existing users, but when registering, the following will be present in the box.

Hardware:

Security Softwares:

IObit Softwares:

Please try and see if it works, as I don't know the limitation of characters there. (EDIT: 800 characters.)

IT WILL NOT BE SEEN UNLESS YOU FILL IT IN YOUR User CP. (View my Public Profile!)

I added a bit to sweidre's signature - this thread post count 6.

We can delete it again if any of you wish so. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I didn't understand the red part

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Good idea!!

the red post count 6 referred to: http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=56918&postcount=6

which I inserted in sweidre's signature below your link.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I have added some computer details in my profile - this is a good solution!!

Hi solbjerg,

I have done another thing!

Added a multiple line box for Computer Details to the profile field of users.

It may be empty for the existing users, but when registering, the following will be present in the box.

Hardware:

Security Softwares:

IObit Softwares:

Please try and see if it works, as I don't know the limitation of characters there. (EDIT: 800 characters.)

IT WILL NOT BE SEEN UNLESS YOU FILL IT IN YOUR User CP. (View my Public Profile!)

I didn't understand the red part

Cheers.

Signature -> Computer Details

Thank you very much solbjerg & enoskype!

I have checked the two weblinks, been looking around a little in the forum and found that enoskype's post below make really sense! The 1:st link shows my jpg-picture of my PC contents, the 2nd link shows a post of mine containing my PC contents, and my Public Profile shows my Computer Details. There are 2 sources too many, as the 3 sources are not linked to each other and thus are not showing exactly the same picture. I suggest to drop the 2 websources for good (I'm sorry solbjerg!) and maintain only my Computer Details under my Public Profile. I understand, that provided that I am properly logged in to the forum, the input to these Computer Details are created, edited & maintained by clicking thru User CP -> Edit Profile -> Additional Information -> Computer Details -> Details of your PC. Manual changes of this list will be automatically reflected in my Public Profile -> Computer Details.

(Of course, trials & errors I must accept, to see to it, that at least the list in my Public Profile look nice.)

So, my signature can be abbreviated into the following short sentence: Computer info is in my Public Profile (= 37 characters including spaces)

I studied your Public Profiles and found in Computer Details, that enoskype has 7 text lines + 1 empty line just above the 7th line, so enoskype is using 8 lines in total. Solbjerg has only 4 lines. Personally, I prefer 6 groups, but as at least 2 groups will have too many products, wrapping will unfortunately be needed. I have space for a 9:th line, I noticed. So let's see, if I can manage with 8 lines in total or, if the 9:th line has to be used. As underlining or bold font are not allowed, I will spell the 6 groups with capital letters accordingly:

GENERAL:

BROWSERS:

SEC.PRODUCTS ONLINE:

SEC.PRODUCTS OFFLINE:

SEC.BACKUP PRODUCTS:

IOBIT PRODUCTS:

I saw, that you have OS and HARDWARE as special groups, but correct me, if I'm wrong, but I will have OS, RAM-memery, and types of connections listed in the group: GENERAL. Regarding HARWARE, I think it is redundant. Who will pay interest in my computerbox, fans, SATA harddisks, DVD-drive, motherboard, CPU, USB disks, modem, screen, keyboard, mouse, or printer/scanner/copier? Nobody, I will say! I add BROWSERS, because they are of interest for everybody securitywise and privacywise. Unfortunately there is not space enough to list all security extensions, that I have for Firefox & Google Chrome. Slimbrowser & ChromePlus I have without extensions for fast surfing in safe & calm waters. Avant Browser I used until I found Slimbrowser. (This reminds me that it is time to uninstall Avant). Even if I have besides IE8x86 another IE9Betax64, I will never trust IE!

Security products (programs) I will separate into "online" and "offline", because several AV-products can only exceptionally work together. Then the number of heavy "online" program & services should be as low as possible in order to keep up the startup speed to an at least acceptable level. Unfortunately some useful softwares have there to be moved from "online" to "offline".

SEC.BACKUP I have as a special group, because it is maybe the most important group of them all.

As colors are not allowed in this list, I will put all my IObit softwares in the group IOBIT PRODUCTS, even if the SD2Beta will be online due to its at Boot-Time and its at Idle-Time defrag functions.

OK, this is my outline for my list of Computer Details. The word "signature" will not any longer symbolise my computer contents. The "signature" will now only be a short sentence referring too my Public Profile only.

Please, tell me, if you think my outline is wrong! Maybe you want all members to have the same structural grouping. I understand, if you want to have a uniform structure for all members. Let me know!

Cheers,

sweidre

OK solbjerg, thanks.

@sweidre,

Please View your own User Profile. :grin:

You can edit it entering into your User CP.

Perhaps, you may not need your existing signature anymore.:wink:

Cheers.

EDIT: Signature is changed as your request.

Great sweidre

Yes enoskype really found a great solution there!!

If everyone fill in some essentials there - and then describe their problem very clearly it will certainly help those trying to assist a member solving the problem.

Thanks sweidre for making enoskype think about it and find this brilliant solution. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you very much solbjerg & enoskype!

I have checked the two weblinks, been looking around a little in the forum and found that enoskype's post below make really sense! The 1:st link shows my jpg-picture of my PC contents, the 2nd link shows a post of mine containing my PC contents, and my Public Profile shows my Computer Details. There are 2 sources too many, as the 3 sources are not linked to each other and thus are not showing exactly the same picture. I suggest to drop the 2 websources for good (I'm sorry solbjerg!) and maintain only my Computer Details under my Public Profile. I understand, that provided that I am properly logged in to the forum, the input to these Computer Details are created, edited & maintained by clicking thru User CP -> Edit Profile -> Additional Information -> Computer Details -> Details of your PC. Manual changes of this list will be automatically reflected in my Public Profile -> Computer Details.

(Of course, trials & errors I must accept, to see to it, that at least the list in my Public Profile look nice.)

So, my signature can be abbreviated into the following short sentence: Computer info is in my Public Profile (= 37 characters including spaces)

I studied your Public Profiles and found in Computer Details, that enoskype has 7 text lines + 1 empty line just above the 7th line, so enoskype is using 8 lines in total. Solbjerg has only 4 lines. Personally, I prefer 6 groups, but as at least 2 groups will have too many products, wrapping will unfortunately be needed. I have space for a 9:th line, I noticed. So let's see, if I can manage with 8 lines in total or, if the 9:th line has to be used. As underlining or bold font are not allowed, I will spell the 6 groups with capital letters accordingly:

GENERAL:

BROWSERS:

SEC.PRODUCTS ONLINE:

SEC.PRODUCTS OFFLINE:

SEC.BACKUP PRODUCTS:

IOBIT PRODUCTS:

I saw, that you have OS and HARDWARE as special groups, but correct me, if I'm wrong, but I will have OS, RAM-memery, and types of connections listed in the group: GENERAL. Regarding HARWARE, I think it is redundant. Who will pay interest in my computerbox, fans, SATA harddisks, DVD-drive, motherboard, CPU, USB disks, modem, screen, keyboard, mouse, or printer/scanner/copier? Nobody, I will say! I add BROWSERS, because they are of interest for everybody securitywise and privacywise. Unfortunately there is not space enough to list all security extensions, that I have for Firefox & Google Chrome. Slimbrowser & ChromePlus I have without extensions for fast surfing in safe & calm waters. Avant Browser I used until I found Slimbrowser. (This reminds me that it is time to uninstall Avant). Even if I have besides IE8x86 another IE9Betax64, I will never trust IE!

Security products (programs) I will separate into "online" and "offline", because several AV-products can only exceptionally work together. Then the number of heavy "online" program & services should be as low as possible in order to keep up the startup speed to an at least acceptable level. Unfortunately some useful softwares have there to be moved from "online" to "offline".

SEC.BACKUP I have as a special group, because it is maybe the most important group of them all.

As colors are not allowed in this list, I will put all my IObit softwares in the group IOBIT PRODUCTS, even if the SD2Beta will be online due to its at Boot-Time and its at Idle-Time defrag functions.

OK, this is my outline for my list of Computer Details. The word "signature" will not any longer symbolise my computer contents. The "signature" will now only be a short sentence referring too my Public Profile only.

Please, tell me, if you think my outline is wrong! Maybe you want all members to have the same structural grouping. I understand, if you want to have a uniform structure for all members. Let me know!

Cheers,

sweidre

EDIT: Signature is changed as your request.

Archived