Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Language files for Start Menu 8 v1, v2, v3 & v4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hi
    I have counted the words that needs to be translated in StartMenu and it comes out as less the <76 as far as I can see.
    Quite an easy job I think (15-30 minutes perhaps all in all)
    Cheers
    solbjerg
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

    Comment


    • #17
      Version 2.0. Complete!

      Czech language.
      Český překlad.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by solbjerg View Post
        Hi
        I have counted the words that needs to be translated in StartMenu and it comes out as less the <76 as far as I can see.
        Quite an easy job I think (15-30 minutes perhaps all in all)
        Cheers
        solbjerg
        Piece of cake...! :wink:
        Hereīs the Swedish language file attached.


        Hi eson
        Edit: Sorry!! I must have used ver 1 beta for the counting of words.
        In version beta 2 there are 251 words - still an easy job, but not as easy as I said - sorry! Cheers solbjerg
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #19
          Full Spanish translation for StartMenu8 Beta 2.0:

          Best regards
          MIGUEL
          Attached Files
          Official Spanish translator

          Comment


          • #20
            Hi eson
            Edit: Sorry!! I must have used ver 1 beta for the counting of words.
            In version beta 2 there are 251 words - still an easy job, but not as easy as I said - sorry! Cheers solbjerg
            Hi solbjerg!
            In my opinion, itīs not the amount of words or strings that makes translating software difficult. It all depends on the English referent file. Correct English - no problems... bad English - big difficulties. Of course it also depends on the translators English skills, and knowledge of the software subject, but most important is the English language file.
            This is my personal experience after more than 200 software translations (see my website).
            //eson

            Comment


            • #21
              Dutch Language file (Complete translate for 2.0)

              In the zipped folder, my dutch translation of StartMenu8 2.0.

              Add the Dutch.lng file to: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\StartMenu8\Language and select Dutch in the User Interface.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #22
                Please French :wink:

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hi eson
                  Knowing the program and where the strings fit in is in my opinion more important than if the English text is precisely correct. The important thing is that the translation conveys the correct meaning, in my opinion, not if a specific word is translated in accordance with a dictionary.
                  Sometimes the sentence structure or the spelling and even sometimes the use of a wrong word illustrates that the English text is written by Chinese programmers.
                  Years ago I sent an English translation file to IObit to try to correct the obvious errors in the original file, but I am not sure that they used it.
                  Cheers
                  solbjerg
                  p.s. There is a difference in the amount of work required if you have to translate 250 word or if you have to translate 21.000 words. It is not more difficult - but it takes a longer time.

                  Originally posted by eson View Post
                  Hi solbjerg!
                  In my opinion, itīs not the amount of words or strings that makes translating software difficult. It all depends on the English referent file. Correct English - no problems... bad English - big difficulties. Of course it also depends on the translators English skills, and knowledge of the software subject, but most important is the English language file.
                  This is my personal experience after more than 200 software translations (see my website).
                  //eson
                  太阳山 (solbjerg)
                  Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                  (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                  Itemized subjects Table of content
                  In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                  Clean Install concept Clean Install
                  Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hi squallerequin, welcome to the IObit Forum! :-D

                    It is not a big job, you can do it yourself and attach it here in this thread.

                    How to translate an IObit software, is explained in many places in this IObit Forum. (Fx. StartMenu8 in Windows 8 Forum)

                    Cheers.
                    enoskype

                    - Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Dutch translation of StartMenu8 2.0

                      Just seen there was an Dutch translation already.
                      Sorry mised that! :shock:

                      But now I made a translation as well so if you wanna use it...
                      Be my guest!

                      Oke voor de Nederlands onder ons...
                      Ik zie net pas dat er al een Nederlandse vertaling was, oke misschien heb ik het dan voor niets gedaan maar gebruik mijn vertaling (of niet)
                      Ik heb het graag gedaan!
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Traditional Chinese

                        Traditional Chinese, Re-translated!
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Italian language menu

                          From my poor english into my poor Italian :mrgreen:

                          Ho cercato di tradurre dal mio povero inglese al mio ignorante italiano saluti! ;) mau
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                            Hi squallerequin, welcome to the IObit Forum! :-D

                            It is not a big job, you can do it yourself and attach it here in this thread.

                            How to translate an IObit software, is explained in many places in this IObit Forum. (Fx. StartMenu8 in Windows 8 Forum)

                            Cheers.
                            i start the traduction in french :-D

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              GraphixMedia thanks a lot for the Dutch translation.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by GraphixMedia View Post
                                In the zipped folder, my dutch translation of StartMenu8 2.0.

                                Add the Dutch.lng file to: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\StartMenu8\Language and select Dutch in the User Interface.
                                U bent deze regel vergeten:

                                lbl_Music.caption=Muziek

                                Deze moet volgen onder de regel Afbeeldingen

                                EDIT: Google translation / Google vertaling

                                You forgot this rule:

                                lbl_Music.caption=Muziek

                                This must follow under the rule Pictures

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X