IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Which IObit product are you expecting the most to have updates?

Cicely

Hi guys,

It's middle of 2014 now.

Which programs are you expecting the most to have further development or more features for the following months? And why?

Do not be shy. Speak out your your voice. Let's make it come true together. :mrgreen:

Looking for your feedbacks and comments.

Hi guys,

It's middle of 2014 now.

Which programs are you expecting the most to have further development or more features for the following months? And why?

Do not be shy. Speak out your your voice. Let's make it come true together. :mrgreen:

Looking for your feedbacks and comments.

I think that new version Driver Booster will come in the following months because on Driver Booster forum was a vote for skin for Driver Booster 2.

Smart Defrag 4 also will be next months because is open Smart Defrag 4 forum suggestion.

Cicely

Smart Defrag 3 and Driver Booster need a lot of work in their present form. They are unreliable and buggy. Driver booster at present is the biggest cause of difficulties/issues on users machines.

Smart defrag 3 does not show MFT and Hidden files when analysing W8 machine. I have had to tell some users to revert back to SD 2.9 which worked very well.

Hi Scannan,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please describe the issue " Smart defrag 3 does not show MBR and Hidden files when analysing W8 machine" more clearly with related screenshots? Is Smart Defrag 2 OK on W8 machine?

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

If there is something wrong with Smart Defrag 3, we will look into and solve it.

@ all, it is so quite recently. What are you doing guys?

Looking forward to your opinions. :mrgreen:

Cicely

I already posted this issue in the SD3 forum. See here.

I cannot give screenshots as it did not happen on my machine. However, I did also remove SD3 from my XP machine as it did not show immovable files in the analysis map.

I find SD2.9 to be more reliable and stable and will continue to use it for now.

Hi Scannan,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, you mean Smart Defrag 3 did not show MFT or Immovable files on Win 8 when when analysing? If so, we will do a text. But I am a little confused. Because you said "Smart defrag 3 does not show MBR and Hidden files" in this post.

Looking forward to your reply.

I think the bug mentioned by @Scannan should be corrected i.e. the MFT, hidden and immobile files scan of SD. Looking for fixes in DBv2, there was an error in the previous one where it downloaded an incompatible version of graphics driver which forced me to format my pc.

BTW some sources are informing AMC is free no more. Although I hope it will have much better features but if this is true, then the popularity of this app may well reduce. I have recently noticed that AMC mistakenly shows a folder full of mp3s to be an app residual data along with some pdfs on the SD card(showing some names in Chinese). This way after the cleaning it said 609 MB cleaned after which I found this. Also, in the list of residual files, something, "Burn the rope" appears in the same lists along with those two folders I said about earlier. I never had these apps, so how come do they appear as residual data.

Obviously, looking for major improvements this time and need some help with AMC part which I may later again post in the AMC section.

@dev3

EDIT: Any help on the AMC issue asked by me should be posted over here: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=16341 so that if other people face the same issue, they could also use the same help.

• 7 years later...

IObit Software Updater was designed to simplify the task of keeping all the applications on your computer up-to-date. It can check for new versions and install them automatically, even without user input. Moreover, it can help you download and install popular applications for various purposes. In Windows 10, you decide when and how to get the latest updates to keep your device running smoothly and securely. To manage your options and see available updates, select Check for Windows updates. Or select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update .

• 7 months later...

I had tried Software Updater.  It is the only Iobit product I don't want to use nor have any interest in.  But, it's not because it's not good at updating software.  It is good at that and does it well for the most part, and ...I like the software list it has of selected software to download and install directly from the program.

The problem with Software Updater, and with several of the other Iobit products, ...is that they are terrible at updating "their own selves", and even when you try to "manually" check for updates within the program, it tells you there are none (EX: "Hooray! Your software is Up to Date!") when there is clearly a newer release on the Iobit website.  I'm referring to if it updates from (example) 8.1 to 8.2, which I consider major updates.  Even now, I still go to the Iobit website to check to see if there are any updates, because the programs themselves do not "see" them when you try to update within the program.

....but back to the question of the thread here.  I suspect the most updated program is going to be Malware Defender, since new threats are surfacing on a weekly, even daily basis, ...as well as "definitions" are constantly needing to be updated multiple times daily.  That would be followed by Driver Booster, as it needs to constantly update it's list of driver's to update.  As far as the one needing to "be" updated the most as far as functionality or just to make even better, ....I would say Driver Booster.