Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can easily do Boot files defrag with Vista/Win7 Built in defragger.
    Simply create shortcut on desktop with this info:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\Defrag.exe -b %SystemDrive% /H /U

Comment

Autodefrag

Hi Everybody,

Maybe a little bit late for this discussion, but not too late.

You are invited to disklace.com to see how we measure fragmentation, is such a way that an automatic defrag can be used.

The entry level solutions are free, but organizations and companies has to purchase it.

It is the same discussion type like you had here that made us developped the measurement of fragmentation concept, and turn it into a product.

Koby.
      Last edited by solbjerg; Aug. 25th, 2010, 11:53. Reason: delinked - advertising not allowed

Comment

Re: Think about Defragmentation!!!

One question: If you turn off pc when run the auto defrag (smartsilent) can it
        cause disk corruption?

Comment

Re: Think about Defragmentation!!!

Hi Al__,

It should not, but it may.

There is always arisk of disk corruption especially when a PC is turned off by power switch (power cut off).

Cheers.
          enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Great discussion!

Hi Everybody,

I would suggest all the defragmentation enthusiasts to read THIS thread in Wilders Forum and see how civil reps. of two giant competitor defrag companies are, and what direction defragmentation is going to.
            Great educational thread and the representatives are Product Manager of PerfectDisk and Director of Product Management of Diskeeper.

Cheers.
            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

this is all over my head

i just wanted to know if I should run both defrags0the seperate 2.01 smart defrag and the one included in ASC 4

Comment

Originally posted by nickgp
                i just wanted to know if I should run both defrags0the seperate 2.01 smart defrag and the one included in ASC 4
                There is No need to run the one in ASC if you use Smart-defrag.
                Smart-defrag is a more complete and versitile program for Defragmentation.
                The version in ASC is fast, easy setup and simple to use but is very Limited.

Comment

Thank you

thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by Toppack View Post
                    There is No need to run the one in ASC if you use Smart-defrag.
                    Smart-defrag is a more complete and versitile program for Defragmentation.
                    The version in ASC is fast, easy setup and simple to use but is very Limited.
                    Indeed, the Smart Defrag program is clearly more powerful and efficient than the integrated one in ASC.

Comment

Working...
                    X