IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 2 design

Last week I downloaded/installed SD 2. While I generally like the totally revamped interface, there are two changes that confound me: The counters for the # of fragmented files and the time remaining.

In previous versions, after SD analyzed the drive, the # of fragmented files started with the number found and came DOWN as the files were defragged. Now it shows the # of fragmented files as it analyzes the drive, but when it starts defragging, it now count UP from 0?!!! In a similar fashion, the time counter, which used to show the elapsed time, now attempts (very poorly) to estimate the time remaining.

Seems to me this was done in error. Was it, and will it be fixed in the next update?

Hi KNRover

Yes the fragment count apparently start by counting the fragments, but after that it starts counting the files that are fragmented. I have mentioned this before.

The time remaining has worked poorly all along, and I for one suggested some time ago to Iobit that they change it to Elapsed time, but apparently too many user have asked IObit to to go back to the remaining time notification. So we will have to live with that apparently. :-)

It seems that the time remaining function is difficult to make right, - we see it in several other programs too.

Cheers

solbjerg

Last week I downloaded/installed SD 2. While I generally like the totally revamped interface, there are two changes that confound me: The counters for the # of fragmented files and the time remaining.

In previous versions, after SD analyzed the drive, the # of fragmented files started with the number found and came DOWN as the files were defragged. Now it shows the # of fragmented files as it analyzes the drive, but when it starts defragging, it now count UP from 0?!!! In a similar fashion, the time counter, which used to show the elapsed time, now attempts (very poorly) to estimate the time remaining.

Seems to me this was done in error. Was it, and will it be fixed in the next update?

Archived