IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Ate My Emulators ! ?

I used the deep scan/repair in the free edition and now a much-loved program than ran in one of WIN's emulators of older versions will not run - it brings up an error massage and crashes. :-(

I have tried rebooting and cold booting. I have "restored" the IObit backup back three set points (long before the problem happened) and I've tried running a different copy of the program executable (located on another HD) and so far no joy.

I have also tried using other versions of the emulator that should work for that program - based on my knowledge of what it ran on before using XP made it require an emulation.

What's hosed and how do I fix it?

Hi moreach

Too bad!

My guess is that it was the fix vulnerabilities that saw that specific program as old and obsolete and if you didn't check the details prior to fixing - it probably removed it.

Can you install it again?

Cheers

solbjerg

I used the deep scan/repair in the free edition and now a much-loved program than ran in one of WIN's emulators of older versions will not run - it brings up an error massage and crashes. :-(

I have tried rebooting and cold booting. I have "restored" the IObit backup back three set points (long before the problem happened) and I've tried running a different copy of the program executable (located on another HD) and so far no joy.

I have also tried using other versions of the emulator that should work for that program - based on my knowledge of what it ran on before using XP made it require an emulation.

What's hosed and how do I fix it?

Archived