IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced Uninstaller Doesn't Recognized Some Programs

:smile:I love the human factors of Advanced Systems CAre and .its Advanced Uninstaller. They beat the pants of Revo Uninstaller, and the standard Windows 7 Uninstall function.

:cry:The bad news is that it did not recognize 2 programs out of the 90+ programs installed on my PC. Both these programs were recognized by Revo, and the standard Windows 7 Uninstall function.

The programs were Screenpresso and TechTracker, both of which may be downloaded (if you are interested in doing so) from the CNET web site, or you can Google "CNET download of (program name)"

Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Even more importantly, if anyone on IOBit is listening, someone should get a fix for this into the next update of Advanced Systems Care.

Hi AL

Nice to hear a voice of reasonableness!

Welcome back to the forum in your new disguise :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi BocaDave,

Advanced Uninstaller was just released, expect it to be improved.

I have the same problem for some applications, usually the cause is bad/corrupted uninstall entries.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same experience and what I think is happening, is that the uninstall software is not recognizing x64 bit programs, while it see's all x32 bit programs.

So If that is true, then it needs x64 bit compatibility to actually see and uninstall the x64 bit software installations.

All in all, a very good program and I shall keep it, but it most definitely needs x64 support to come up to specs. x64 has been out for some time now, so lets get with it software makers.

One should know, that while many programs will install on X64 machines, it may not see all the programs on that machine if they are x64 bit installs.

If I am wrong, please do enlighten me, but this is the way I seems to understand it.

Thanks everyone,

Lakota

:smile:I love the human factors of Advanced Systems CAre and .its Advanced Uninstaller. They beat the pants of Revo Uninstaller, and the standard Windows 7 Uninstall function.

:cry:The bad news is that it did not recognize 2 programs out of the 90+ programs installed on my PC. Both these programs were recognized by Revo, and the standard Windows 7 Uninstall function.

The programs were Screenpresso and TechTracker, both of which may be downloaded (if you are interested in doing so) from the CNET web site, or you can Google "CNET download of (program name)"

Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Even more importantly, if anyone on IOBit is listening, someone should get a fix for this into the next update of Advanced Systems Care.

Archived