IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Startup Manager - Delay - new option suggestion

Yorkie_UK

Hi,

I've been using the Startup Manager with success for some time now :grin: and would like to suggest that an option be added to change the delay time please.

I was using another app previously which had a similar delay feature but provided a variable delay option in 10 second increments.

Actually I find the current delay in startup Manager a little too long to be honest so an added option to change the delay would be most welcome. 8:)

Cheers

Hi Yorkie_UK

Welcome. I think that the reason that there is no option to select a delay time is because it would defeat the object. The present delay will simply load the non-delayed programs first and then load the delayed ones as the cpu resource becomes available.

So, even if you selected a specific delay time, the program start would still be dependent on CPU resource availability. The only way around this would be to set each delay to ensure that the resource is available, and really that just puts you back to square one.

Hi Scannan,

Interesting comments. However, on my system the activation of the delayed items doesn't appear to have anything to do with CPU % or RAM usage etc. They load several minutes after the CPU % has settled down which for me is a little too long.

When using my previous App to delay startup processes, I would delay all the non-essential ones in a progressive manner and had no timing issues with the startup of each process.

With the IOBit startup manager, I never know the order in which the delayed processes startup and when the full startup has finished so I guess I'll not use the delay option.

Thanks for your input and response.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback.

You can see the sequence that they load by using the Task Manager (press Cntrl/Shift/Esc together and it will open the Task Manager).

With your previous app, you set the delay time for each non-essential item. This dictated when they were loaded. So if you got the delay time wrong (lets say you set it too short) and the system was still busy loading the non delayed programs, then the system would wait for the queue to clear before it loaded the delayed program.

The ASC Startup Manager, simply loads the non delayed programs first, and then loads the delayed ones immediately, if you are not busy using your machine already. If you are doing something that uses a lot of CPU resource, then that will delay the loading of the delayed programs.

I usually. start my machine and make a coffee/tea and everything is running when I return.

Archived