IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Does AVCv6-PRO have JAVA diagnosis/fix capability?

WriterJC

In looking for a JAVA fix, I came across "PC Utility Kit" < Link Removed > They offer a "free" diagnosis; the fix requires a subscription ($49.97/yr) -- not just for JAVA, but many of the same things ASC has.

Any chance AVC has the same type of diagnosis/fix capability for JAVA? If so, when was it updated?

Thanks,

Writer JC

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz

XP Home SP3 32 bit / 2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

MS Essentials

IObit Malware Fighter PRO 1.7

IObit ASC 6.0 PRO

Auslogics BoostSpeed

Auslogics Disk De-Frag

Ccleaner

Edit by wozofoz:

I don't like the look of that software so I have removed the link.

I also defined the name so it won't be confused with other software of a similar name

Hi JC,

Unfortunately there is no fix for Java per se. The best fix available is to make sure your version is always up to date. The present version of SE7 u11 was to fix the vulnerability that was recently reported, and even that has been questioned. If Java is not necessary in any applications or being used to access a site that relies on the plug in (i.e. game site Pogo), best course is to uninstall or disable. With Java being as ubiquitous as Windows, the bad guys are always going to create havoc, as they do with Windows. Firefox browser has presently disabled plug in with option to enable for a site that the user is familiar with and considers to be safe. So if you are going to use Java, always make sure that is current version. You can go Java homepage and check version on your computer and update as necessary. Hope this provides some help.

A.T.

Wozofoz, thank you for removing the link and using the correct name of the company. I didn't like it either, and used the link hoping one of you might comment and confirm that opinion ... besides answering the basic question. 8:)

In looking for a JAVA fix, I came across "PC Utility Kit" < Link Removed > They offer a "free" diagnosis; the fix requires a subscription ($49.97/yr) -- not just for JAVA, but many of the same things ASC has.

<snip>

Edit by wozofoz:

I don't like the look of that software so I have removed the link.

I also defined the name so it won't be confused with other software of a similar name

Does AVCv6-PRO have Java diagnosis/fix capability?

Hi JC,

<snip> The best fix available is to make sure your version is always up to date. The present version of SE7 u11 was to fix the vulnerability that was recently reported, and even that has been questioned. >

ATailor:

My understanding was that SE7 u11 was the problem (which I allowed to D/L and caused problems.) Homeland Security did, indeed, question it as a "fix" and said it wasn't. :???:

Thanks for responding.

Writer JC

Does AVCv6-PRO have Java diagnosis/fix capability?

Mel, thanks for the link to JAVA RE (saved it.)

The only real "fix" I've seen is to un-plug the plug-in when not using it (i.e., for POGO.)

That said, isn't JAVA needed for videos and other things on the www?

Bottom line (is as usual) having no idea where or how to un-plug a plug-in.

Cheers!

Writer JC

This is also useful.

Sincerely,

Mel

Live long and prosper!

Java & Javascript

Mel, thanks for the link to JAVA RE (saved it.)

The only real "fix" I've seen is to un-plug the plug-in when not using it (i.e., for POGO.)

That said, isn't JAVA needed for videos and other things on the www?

I uninstalled Java about 2 years ago, videos still work and it hasn't affected my use of the web. I have come across some websites that want me to install it but I don't really need to go to those websites and none of my software needs Java.

Many people confuse Java and JavaScript they are different and JavaScript does not require Java to be installed

Below is a quote from the Java website

How is JavaScript different from Java?

The JavaScript programming language, developed by Netscape, Inc., is not part of the Java platform.

JavaScript, does not create applets or stand-alone applications. In its most common form today, JavaScript resides inside HTML documents, and can provide levels of interactivity to web pages that are not achievable with simple HTML.

Listed are key differences between the Java and JavaScript.

Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.

Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine or browser while JavaScript code is run on a browser only.

Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.

They require different plug-ins.

Bottom line (is as usual) having no idea where or how to un-plug a plug-in.

Cheers!

Writer JC

You could also read the thread Dangerous vulnerability in latest Java version Java 7 Update 10 [sOLVED by Java Update 11] it has links with instructions on disabling the Java Plug-ins

All the best, woz of oz

Archived