IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Recovering shredded files/folders- possible?

WriterJC

I've been using Gutman, although given the speed at which it deletes AND the fact the monitoring tube-thing either doesn't show at all or pops up and has nothing moving, I suspect some other method of deletion was taking place.

That said, I either accidentally deleted some vital files and folders (with literally thousands of hours of research :-(), or my computer was hacked and those folders were removed. (Yes, I've run IObit Malware PRO recently.)

Is it at all possible to recover them? If by "Restore" where can I find out how to do that? And are there any risks involved in using Restore? (Never have used it.)

With fingers (and eyes) crossed,

Writer JC

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz

XP Home SP3 32 bit

2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

IE (latest version)

Windows Essentials

DSL AT&T

IObit Malware Fighter PRO 1.7

IObit ASC 6.0 PRO

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Auslogics Boost Speed PRO

Ccleaner

Foxit Reader

Hi WriterJC,

If you have deleted these files and folders with Gutmann method, I’m afraid we cannot offer any help recovering them as the files and folders must have been overwritten with 0 and 1 for 35 times.

If you haven’t use Gutmann method to do any changes to these files and folders, please try to use the Undelete tool in Toolbox of Advanced SystemCare(ASC) v6.

You can download ASC through the link below if you don’t have it installed on your computer:

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.php

Hope this may do a little help.

Recovering shredded files/folders- possible?

Cicley,

Thank you for the response. Used the Undelete, to no avail.

Learned Lesson: Never delete anything after the sun goes down!

Regards,

Writer JC

Hi WriterJC,

If you have deleted these files and folders with Gutmann method, I’m afraid we cannot offer any help recovering them as the files and folders must have been overwritten with 0 and 1 for 35 times.

If you haven’t use Gutmann method to do any changes to these files and folders, please try to use the Undelete tool in Toolbox of Advanced SystemCare(ASC) v6.

You can download ASC through the link below if you don’t have it installed on your computer:

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.php

Hope this may do a little help.

Archived