IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Fix is removing wanted items?

Jackdashack

I have 3 computers. Two older XP's and and newer Windows 8. I take such good care of them they never die. They just get too slow for the newer programs.

On this Toshiba Satellite XP tablet (tablet: think 6 years ago. They were big and had a swivel screen) For some reason running the CARE part of iObit is taking away custom settings I have for power options.

More explained. In a lot of Toshiba's of that day there was a Toshiba Power Options where you could create your own power options, give them names and icons. For quite awhile there was no problem running CARE but now it's started removing all the custom options I have in this Toshiba Power Options program and leaving me with just the defaults.

Someone on the Toshiba Forum said they are in hives in the registry. Is there a way to tell iObit when running REGISTRY FIX or where it's being done to leave this alone? I don't know know what hives they may be living?

Thanks for any help. Jack ":-D

Jackdashack

It sounds like you have the Deep Clean enabled in the registry fix settings. If so, then I suggest that you Disable the Deep Clean feature, as it tends to be agressive. I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro with xp, and I do not have any issue.

Scannan: It sounds like we are circling in the same universe tonight. :lol: I just got done writing a reply to another guy in another Toshiba forum and I told him. I was given a free key for a year to iObit and I had enabled the REGISTRY FIX PRO. And I said I'm going to uncheck that and see what happens, because it was not happening before, and just recently started. I sent that off and your last comment came through. SO, I'm going to do it. I'll get back and report if it fixed it.

Thanks Jack ":-D

Hi Jackdashack,

How is everything going?

To look into the issue further, please download the tool from: http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v6.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file ASC6_Info_File.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can look into the issue further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cicely, thanks so much! Last evening I had a thought that this issue started when I took advantage of the free key that was given me for the upgraded iObit. So I am going to uncheck the box for the upgraded on REGISTRY FIX (DEEP CLEAN) and run and see if I lose those custom power options, which someone in Toshiba said reside in "hives" in the registry. It may be logical that the more agressive DEEP CLEAN is removing them. If that takes care of it I'm fine. If not, and still you are interested, please tell me when I run this program you provided? Anytime? Before I run iObit, after I run iObit. And of course should I recheck the box for DEEP CLEAN?

I just did the above and this time the custom power options I'd made with Toshiba's XP Power Options did not disappear. ?? Good for me. Is there anything I can do with this program you asked me to use that might help the iObit team? If so then I would need instructions for the ?'s asked in the above paragraph. As for now I will not use the DEEP CLEAN OPTION.

Thanks for your help. Jack ":-D

Jackdashack

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. It is best not to use the Deep Clean, as it should only be used by those who are very familiar with the workings of the registry, and are able to remove only the items on the list which will not alter the workings of the pc.

Jackdashack

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. It is best not to use the Deep Clean, as it should only be used by those who are very familiar with the workings of the registry, and are able to remove only the items on the list which will not alter the workings of the pc.

Scannan and Cicely, no real harm done. I've been using Pc's since 1988. The first was a Timex Sinclair. So I don't get real upset considering all the issues I've had over the years. Usually I can find a solution, work around, without a major meltdown. I will look at the "list" of things being removed and see if I can find it. Otherwise I'll just leave it alone. I know it has to do with ntuser.dat

G'day and thanks! jack ":-D ( don't be concerned .. I won't mess much ) :lol:

By the way, is there a particular scenario where deep clean option should be enabled? icon_smile.gif

Peleus, I suspect someone else had better answer this. There is a "gear" symbol next to Registry Fix and I would suggest you become familiar with what things you can tell iObit Care to leave alone. Again, wait for someone here with more knowledge on this great cleaning system.

":-D jack

Archived