IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help required - Startup Manager

barryaverage

Hi, can anyone help a newbie with, what is probably, a daft question?

I use IOBit ASC Pro, and often get the popup warnings about programs trying to modify some aspect of the computer.

I was updating 'Garmin Express' Software earlier today (which I recently deactivated from auto startup) - I received another warning asking if I wanted to allow the software to change my startup settings. I chose "deny" and also selected "always remember" for this action.

Trouble is, the damn Garmin Software update then failed, and won't allow me to use it. It says it must update to be usable now, but fails the update every time (presumably due to not being able to change auto-startup). Annoying as I need to update my maps ahead of business travel this week.

So... After that pre-amble - My question is - Can anyone advise me on how to undo this action so that I can allow the software to make the changes it needs. I can't seem to find anything working through the options I can find in ASC (main options, toolkit etc.)

There's probably something obvious I've missed, if anyone would be kind enough to point me towards it that would be appreciated.

Let me know if I've left out anything you need to know in order to help, many thanks!!!!

:-x

Hi barryaverage, welcome to IObit Forums! :-D

Since you are also using IObit Malware Fighter, I believe the action came from that IObit program and not ASC Pro.

Please indicate the version of IMF you are using.

Click to the gear figure for Settings and choose Protect section. Click Remember Actions tab and delete the item you want IMF not to remember.

Please inform about the result, so if not solved we will look into the special file concerning these actions.

Please indicate the exact versions of your software (specially IObit) in your Public Profile, as by version change there may be different actions for a solution.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

Thanks for the welcome, and in particular the swift reply. Thanks also for the heads up with the version numbers, I'll update my profile in just a sec.

In terms of the resolution you suggested, it worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your help, I was indeed looking in the wrong area and could have gone round for days before I found that, if at all!

Appreciate the help, thanks again,

barryaverage

barryaverage, I am glad that your issue is solved. :-D

Thanks for the prompt action on your Public profile.

Keeping Public profiles updated help forum members to understand and act for a help in a shorter time period.

FYI, there are newer released versions of ASC and IMF.

They can be downloaded from the relevant links in I the following threads:

1 ) Advanced SystemCare 7.2 (7.2.0.431) is released! - Updated on (0218)!Updated again on (0219)! (And again 0220)

2 ) IObit Malware Fighter 2.3 (2.3.0.13) is released!

In case you could have problems with the newer versions, please keep the older setup files until you are satisfied with the latest versions.

Cheers.

Archived