IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestion - Cloned file scanner

EgyptBeast

A must need function in the Cloned file scanner. "Select all" after the scan would be very helpful.

I mean by "Select all" the duplicated files itself not the "Select all" in the program. Thank you.

Regards.

I think this would be a very dangerous function as it takes away the necessity for users to double check what they remove. There have been many discussions in the forum regarding this issue and many users have paid a heavy price for removing necessary/required files.

I think this would be a very dangerous function as it takes away the necessity for users to double check what they remove. There have been many discussions in the forum regarding this issue and many users have paid a heavy price for removing necessary/required files.

Probably you're right, but I assume that the user is NOT drunk and knows what is he doing. Can't we get over this by some multiple screen warnings + a flash animation or something that visually express how dangerous for the original and duplicated file to be deleted ?

And anyway, thank you for your response. I thought no one would reply. :-D

Regards.

I was happy to reply. You will always get a response on this forum.

Yes, I am sure that there could be many warnings to encourage users to take care before they proceed. However, as I said previously, there have been many discussions on this subject, and Iobit made the adjustments requested by users, but with the overriding criteria to not make it easy for a user to delete all the files with one key stroke.

You would be amazed how many sober users have deleted files which were required by their system, simply because they did not check each file before deleting.

I believe it is safer the way it is now, but maybe other users will feel differently.

Oh! and welcome to the forum. Forgive my lapse, as I should have said this in the last post.

Hi, I am new at this, so please bear with me.

I have something like 2534 cloned files; when I select one, it shows 2 files. One in the User/Thorrent (check) and the other in User/Public (uncheck) Usually I woul delete the uncheck one because it shouldn't be or I don't want it in the User/Public.

Am I wrong?

Thank you

P.S.: If I did something wrong in my posting, please let me know

• 1 year later...

When I run Cloned file scanner in my ASC 8.2 Pro all it finds are image files, even though I've checked all the file choices. Question: What am I doing wrong? This is the first time I have used this particular tool.

Have had no problems with any of the others.

Have been using ASC since 4 and will not be without it. I consider it to be an vital part of my security.

Thank You.

Archived