IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

File Shredder

urban1

Sometimes shredded files are not actually deleted as part of the process. I'm not sure that I can identify which ones but mostly they are video files and usually on an external drive.

My guess would be that more than 50% of the time the files are not deleted.

ASC 7.3 Pro, Win7 x64

Thank you,

Bob

Hi urban1,

Welcome to our forum.

Does the issue only happen when you shred the files on external drive?

If the issue also happen when you shred the files on your PC, please feel free to tell us.

And I have reported the issue to our product team and we will do a test.

Hi urban1,

Welcome to our forum.

Does the issue only happen when you shred the files on external drive?

If the issue also happen when you shred the files on your PC, please feel free to tell us.

And I have reported the issue to our product team and we will do a test.

Hi, Cicely. Thank you for responding. I tried shredding a couple of files on an internal drive and both deleted. I'm not sure that tells us anything, though, since that happens on the external drive too. I don't really make a habit of shredding files but may do a couple a day. Oh, yeah, one more thing I have noticed. The shredder seems to stop midway through the process (according to the progress bar, anyway) and goes to the 'Finish' screen. In this case the files are never deleted. Maybe that is always the situation and I just don't always notice it.

Bob

• 2 months later...

File Shredder and Undelete

I accidentally "deleted" (not shredded) the contents of an entire folder of files.

I wanted to "File Shred" only a certain number of files.

I loaded Undelete and retreived all the files.

It seemed to work, but some of the pics were damaged, (also looking at the pics with a text editor...some very interesting text was displayed... almost like and imbedded document)

Anyway, I selected the files to shred and they seemed to dissappear.

I then ran the Undelete again and it showed all the originally deleted files again, as well as the newly shredded files.

I was able to undelete all of them again and again with no real result except the undelete search now shows multiple copies of each file shredded.

All the pics were unreadable but the name and size still exists everytime I run Undelete (and I am using the remove allocated space option)

How do I purge the name, size and date mod etc... from the undelete search.

It would be nice if undelete had a permanent delete option, sort of a combination program called "File shredding the undeleted files"

I can't seem to get rid of all the pointers to the orignially deleted files and undelete finds all the shredded files also.

Any suggestions would be extreemly helpful.

This is on an external hard drive (actually an internal 2nd drive).

Hi dewragdave,

Welcome to IObit Forum.

Let’s make the issue clear. Do you mean files shredded by File Shredder will be scanned out by Undelete?

Please send us the related screenshots to show it for us to look into so that we can help you.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop�. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop and please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cicely

Here are my screen grabs.

Hope you can figure it out.

Dave

SU0001.jpg - BMP files that I have tried to delete several times. (note that 2 of them are listed twice! "OMD178E.BMP", "OMDC4DF.BMP")

SU0002.jpg - Undeleted BMP's back to original location.

SU0003.jpg - Shows that the files are gone from the undelete but...

SU0004.jpg - Clicked "BACK" and reloaded (see timestamp) and they are still there!

SU0005.jpg - Listing of undeleted files back where they started.

SU0006.jpg - Selected to SHRED again

SU0007.jpg - Dod 7 times

SU0008.jpg - Shedded confirmation

SU0009.jpg - Undelete reload - everything is still there.

Archived