IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cloned File Scanner

jmanders2010

When you receive the results of a scan for duplicate files am I to assume that by "deleting in bulk" it would delete only the duplicate (the one checked in each pair) but not the one that is unchecked? I understand the need for caution when doing this but I'm only looking to delete duplicates of .mp3 and text files which are unnecessarily taking up extra space on my hard drive. Thanks for all you guys do!

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, only the checked files should be deleted. However I would recommend that you do a test first just to be safe. Untick all, then select maybe 10 duplicates take a note of the files and then bulk delete them.

I would however caution against bulk deleting as it is necessary to ensure that the files you are deleting are safe to do so. Just assuming that all mp3 and text files are safe to delete is unwise, as some programs require mp3files or text files to operate correctly. Windows itself being one of them. Also remember that a file can be deliberately duplicated by the operating system and or a program, because it uses it in more than one place.So please check each file to ensure it is safe.

Unfortunately they can not be recovered from the recycle bin. You would have to try a third party program such as Reccuva or something similar. These are not very successful however, so the best

strategy is to be sure about the files you delete.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived