IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cloned file scanner finding only image files, not all that are checked

MDIrwin

When I run Cloned file scanner in my ASC 8.2 Pro all it finds are image files, even though I've checked all the file choices. Question: What am I doing wrong? This is the first time I have used this particular tool.

Have had no problems with any of the others.

Have been using ASC since 4 and will not be without it. I consider it to be an vital part of my security suite.

Thank You.

Hi MDIrwin

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe there are only cloned image files. Have you checked to see if there are other file types which are cloned and do not appear in the cloned file scanner. You can use the search facility to do this.

Then it would appear that this is yet another bug affecting ASC when used with Windows 8.

You could try de-selecting all files in Clone Scanner.....run a scan. Do not delete anything. Close ASC completely. Restart ASC and select a single file type other than image files. Run a scan. If it finds the selected filetype, close ASC again, restart it and select all the filetypes. Run scan and see if it works.

• 3 weeks later...

I have 8.2 Pro as well and am having same problem. I know there are duplicate files because I made them when making my son's grad slideshow. Originally I had Free version and it wasn't finding any cloned files so I bought the license even though the free version did just fine for me. But I digress... I've done all the suggestions above and still not showing any duplicate files.

Please advise any other suggestions.

This link is for Free version. I have Pro 8.3. I checked for updates and it said there were none. I uninstalled and re-installed directly from this link. Still says PRO 8.3. Ran clone scanner and it said zero duplicates found. I know this is a false reading.

• 1 year later...

Hello Goodday, I use a software called Duplicate Files Deleter, it's very easy to use and after it finds the duplicate files it lets you chose what you want to do with them (copy/delete/move). You can even check network files and you can check multiple paths in the same scan. This helps me alot. I hope you too.

Archived