IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Toolbox: Copy of design and functionality ? [NO, it is not!!!]

roger_m

Reply To Roger m

i understand what your trying to say but many company's do copying like that also Antivirus company's like bitdefender and Auslogics Antivirus and Lavasoft Internet Security Uses G-DATA Antivirus interface and you can go on like that also with Tune-Up Utilities on the internet. and i don't think IObit woud wanna make a second mistake.

I am posting here to point out that the design and functionality of the a number of the tools within in IObit Toolbox, is copied from TuneUp Utilities

If you look at the below link you will see:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1706627

I don't agree what you said. There are always many utilities tools in our product, when we released Advanced SystemCare Version 2 in 2006, they were there.

Copy the design and functionality? We do learn some good user-friendly design from other product, but they learn from us as well. Look at GlaryUtilites, they learned our "1- Click Maintenance", "Auto Care", "Auto Sweep" feature from us, and TuneUp learn our design as well.

Well, acroding to your logic, Symantec has anti virus, anti spyware and internet protection features in their product, so other company cannot have the same feature in their product, right? And all the functionality is copied from Symantec?

Second, we just want to make some good and free product to our user, so they don't need to pay 49$ for the same functionality tools, are we doing something wrong?

It may be an unpopular opinion but actually this is a pretty decent product.

IOBit aren't the first and certainly won't be the last company to create a similar GUI to an established product.

andyman35

View Public Profile

Find all posts by andyman35

Find all threads started by andyman35

now that's one answer i agree with..sure its similar many are and it could be seen as a copy ,clone,or even done after a program.

now let me point out something all cars have 4 wheels,and a steering wheel but yet different behavior,make en gen,and so on .and are cloned from the first one made.

.so what do we say that every one made after the first one build is stolen? no thy all do a similar job ,and that is transport people about ,

so please

do not mistake this application as stolen..be it a similar product.

and please understant my piont here.

thank you..

itsmejjj

sorry Tim we posted at the same time .but yes i agree.with you `100%

It may be an unpopular opinion but actually this is a pretty decent product.

IOBit aren't the first and certainly won't be the last company to create a similar GUI to an established product.

andyman35

View Public Profile

Find all posts by andyman35

Find all threads started by andyman35

now that's one answer i agree with..sure its similar many are and it could be seen as a copy ,clone,or even done after a program.

now let me point out something all cars have 4 wheels,and a steering wheel but yet different behavior,make en gen,and so on .and are cloned from the first one made.

.so what do we say that every one made after the first one build is stolen? no thy all do a similar job ,and that is transport people about ,

so please

do not mistake this application as stolen..be it a similar product.

and please understant my piont here.

thank you..

itsmejjj

sorry Tim we posted at the same time .but yes i agree.with you `100%

You are welcome. :)

I just don't understand why those people like roger_m think of that. We have five of our developers working hard on it, we spent over 5 months to make this freeware for all the users. At the same time, Tuneup Utilities charged user 49$ to get the same features, but we don't get anthing.

Don't worry Tim, if you catch a bird with your mouth they are going to say why didn't you use your some other limb.:lol:

They are fighters, searching to fight something in the web, if they can not find anything, they fight with each other, and if that's not enough, they create a ghost to fight.:-P

You just continue creating those great tools and programs. :grin:

It is a loss of time and energy, please don't waste your time with this.:idea:

Cheers.

Imho

I think what Roger is saying is being said on all forums. When you make a mistake as big as IObit360 made in the software world, it will stay with you for ever. China is know for pirating many things, and no mater what they do, they will always be suspected of stealing from others. My money stays in the United States with Malwarebytes. Other members might give that some thought also. IObit is no threat to Malwarebytes with only half of their definitions left. Wilders is a huge forum with over 100,000 members, and 400,000 readers every day. That's not good for IObit. Have we all forgot about this??

Boring

I think what Roger is saying is being said on all forums. When you make a mistake as big as IObit360 made in the software world, it will stay with you for ever. China is know for pirating many things, and no mater what they do, they will always be suspected of stealing from others. My money stays in the United States with Malwarebytes. Other members might give that some thought also. IObit is no threat to Malwarebytes with only half of their definitions left. Wilders is a huge forum with over 100,000 members, and 400,000 readers. That's not good for IObit. Have we all forgot about this??

I think what Roger is saying is being said on all forums....

all forums ????? I think you are exaggerating

....My money stays in the United States with Malwarebytes. Other members might give that some thought also....

Other members might feel they are a part of a big beautiful world.

IObit is no threat to Malwarebytes....

What has that got to do with the topic ? Nothing !

Wilders is a huge forum with over 100,000 members, and 400,000 readers. That's not good for IObit.

You don't have enough faith in people's ability to decide for themselves, do you really think that 19 replies (at this time). some of them only saying something like "I don't like them", is going to put people off trying the software for themselves ?

I'm sure plenty of those members and readers will try the free IObit software (remember it's still beta) and then decide for themselves if it best for them.

Have we all forgot about this??

Malwarebytes forum closed their thread on that topic in November 2009 and here you are still 'beating the dead horse' :roll:

You never seem to be happy being here testando, so why are you on this forum ?

suspected of stealing from others. My money stays in the United States

well thanks for that , but my cash stays in my country .and nether one mentioned.as for stealing.i still wonder what even with all the posts made.

but you seem to come here and want a good old argument.wilders? been a member there longer than you i bet!Wilders is a huge forum with over 100,000 members more my friend.and so ,? whats your point .

don't see me posting any thing as to stealing .or stirring up that's there is no need for.

iobit gave there answer.and we here have to live with it.ether way please let it alone.

look we here know all about it.and thanks for trowing it up at us here again..

its all been sad.and talked about.

now ether accept the answers given or just let it be..but don't just keep at it we read your comments and been very nice in reply

thanks..

itsmejjj

well woz beat me to it..no really leave it alone ..and perhaps post something we can find useful

When you make a mistake( as big as IObit360 made in the software world), it will stay with you for ever.

let me say something to that line. many have and always will i have made a few whoppers in my time.and try to learn from them.not repeat them.

you may also want to think on this,we live in a place called earth nothing is perfect.and mistakes will always be made..

now i have read the tread at wilders.and thy reply's.and many agree with us .

its similar in its application.your point has gracefully been taken.and we see the similar things in the program.and thank you for pointing this out.but i love the program..and its free to use.so give it a go and try it..your posts will not turn me of this nice peace of soft ware.iobit is putting in a big effort to make it a useful application.and i do hope you will try it out.

thanks again for understanding.

I have had my say on this. My post was directed mainly for Roger. I'm not exaggerating about this being on several forums. I won't be trying the software, thank you. I have always told the truth about this. If members want to read all 500 posts about this and make their own decision, then that's what they should do. If you think IObit will admit their mistakes, I would like to sell you some ocean front property in Arizona. You can see the sea. I will not comment further. I have brought the truth to all that will listen. The truth shall set you free. I come on this forum occasionally to tell those who want to know the truth. That is the only reason to be here. Thank you. . PS Read all 500+ posts. You will see that there are very few positive posts in favor of IObit. I will not post any more on this thread.

shocked

Some people have there heads jerked so far up their A**es

IOBIT to me,and any other people i know who uses the same Iobit products, are pleased with what we have to protect our systems..

I advise all those reading the above threads to judge for themselves, why would someone make such efforts to deploy a bad name of Iobit, when clearly they are the U.S and the U.K's most popular downloads, and i not heard any british citizen complain...

The threads above it total bull, and the people who wrote the above, get a grip of yourselves, because life is like a cloud, it comes and it goes... tommorow cud be ya last... so enjoy it, rather than being geeks and posting pathetic bullcrap of thread.... You dont get a refund on your life...

Thanks Iobit for such awsome software, u have my vote iobit..

cody

Well, acroding to your logic, Symantec has anti virus, anti spyware and internet protection features in their product, so other company cannot have the same feature in their product, right?

You are completely wrong! There is a very big difference to having similar features in a product to actually stealing a competitors design.

If you continue to do so, that's up to you, but it reflects very badly on your company. One would of though after the issues with Malwarebyte's that you would be doing all you could to improve your tarnished reputation...

i understand what your trying to say but many company's do copying like that also Antivirus company's like bitdefender and Auslogics Antivirus and Lavasoft Internet Security Uses G-DATA Antivirus interface and you can go on like that also with Tune-Up Utilities on the internet. and i don't think IObit woud wanna make a second mistake.

In the examples you have given, the companies actually license the technology they use - they don't illegally copy it.

On the lighter side of this.

Don't worry Tim, if you catch a bird with your mouth they are going to say why didn't you use your some other limb.:lol:

They are fighters, searching to fight something in the web, if they can not find anything, they fight with each other, and if that's not enough, they create a ghost to fight.:-P

You just continue creating those great tools and programs. :grin:

It is a loss of time and energy, please don't waste your time with this.:idea:

Cheers.

On the lighter side of all of this. If you are a animal of pray enoskype and you catch a bird in your mouth; I say well done. If your a human, I say why would you want to catch a bird in your mouth. Either way the bird loses. If IObit is coping software they will be the loser; if not they will be the winner.

I love George Strait. Lighten up pyrath. Just teasing enoskype

i'm just commenting on what you said in an earlier post

(Quote:

Originally Posted by testando View Post

I will not comment further.

we told a little white lie here)

I love George Strait.

yea george is good, but he's no hank williams

first of all this subject has been shot its way of the first post.and its been distracted.from what the 1st poster was saying.

IObit Toolbox

Send your feedback and suggestions. Let's discuss and improve the free tool.

what happened here ?

jjj

Okay, here is my suggestion to "improve the free tool." IObit need to stop stealing from competitors.

If I come up with any further suggestions to "improve the free tool," I will most certainly post them here too...

first of all this subject has been shot its way of the first post.and its been distracted.from what the 1st poster was saying.

this is supposed to be on the problem if any about the application.gone into a spamming ,hijacking post .

funny thing talk about whats right or wrong ,i know a member got banned for

so called speaking the truth.and saying like it is.and blamed for being disruptive to the forum.

yet here we have one that's allowed to bag the product.and disruptive plus a poster that is not what seems a happy poster,dislikes the products,and happy to bag iobit.and allowed to? i am a little confused here..

its time to stop this sort of thing.i was under the impression it would be.

banning one and allow a other seem not fair?

this should of been deleted as soon as the bagging started.

or can some get away with it and others cant?

no warning nothing! yet allowed to be a member, that is breaking the rules..

and what seems to me be on a cam-pane to discredit iobit.

if a member gets banned for being disruptive,Speaking the truth So called, and dislikes the forum,and IOBIT .look at the posts made ,

and the products,stating this as so.why is he/she allowed to go on?

and not giving a warning to stop this?

IObit Toolbox

Send your feedback and suggestions. Let's discuss and improve the free tool.

what happened here ?

jjj

I would really like to hear the answer to your post. I know your friend and he loves you and he loves this forum. I have met him on another forum. No one wanted IObit to succeed more than he. I have never been a fan of IObit and have said so from day one, but your friend and now my friend loved this forum, and thought he was helping to make IObit stronger. I have only spoken the truth, and that should not be a banning offense. IObit has treated me fairly and let me speak what I believed to be the truth, and for that I give them a lot of praise. That would not be allowed on any other forum. I think you have also gotten away with a lot itsmejjj.

IObit need to stop stealing from competitors.

iobit does not and has not stolen anything. where is your proof that it has? just because the tool has similar functions as other, does not mean anything. their are many programs out there that serve the same function, and has a similar interface but that doesn't mean they are all stolen.

a while back, malwarebytes claimed iobit's security360 stole from them. they eventually closed the allegations. i as well as others don't want this starting all over again, so please stop

iobit does not and has not stolen anything.

That is a highly questionable, but I will continue.

where is your proof that it has? just because the tool has similar functions as other, does not mean anything.

In retrospect, "stolen" was not the most appropriate word to use. However, my point is that they have copied very closely the design of TuneUp Utilities.

their are many programs out there that serve the same function, and has a similar interface but that doesn't mean they are all stolen.

I am not talking about merely having a "similar" interface, which of course many programs do. What I am talking about is that IObit are very cloesly copying the design of TuneUp Utilities, which is something different to having a "similar" interface.

People associated with IObit or are hugh supporters of them, will back IObit, however I believe others will see the situation as I do - IObit should change the design of IObit Toolbox or stop distributing it.

i as well as others don't want this starting all over again, so please stop

If IObit were innocent as they claim, there should be absolutely no problem with this!

I think you have also gotten away with a lot itsmejjj.

yes

till changes were made,rules applied,we did .and both of us were told to stop.i adhered to the admins call,,my friend did not sadly.and a few younger ones who pushed it harder.

i posted things ,made some very rash statements, i should perhaps not have.and been warned of.

so that's where i felt it was time to halt

.but never will you find a post were i was bagging obit nor the applications

right or wrong.

yes posted what i found could help improve ,i do not know were this is leading to.but my statement concerns iobit application,and not bagging the site or the applications nor where ,how thy program ,

you made your point.so are you going to keep at it..? and push harder.

right or wrong.

also my point is i am wondering how far you can ,without a warning?

and in all fairness to the past banned people..let you go on with this..

its almost making fun (joke)of those who got banned.

by allowing this to go on..

any how i probably should stop responding.as i feel draw into a statement i will regret.and end up in the dog house..

i was trying to calm things down,but seems not to .i think for my own sake leave this to the ones who know how to properly post a answer

and not twist words around.

if you are trying to lure me in to a statement that will offend,sorry

---------------------------------------------------------------------

you win..

"helping to make IObit stronger. I have only spoken the truth, and that should not be a banning offense"

jjj

Archived