IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Command line arguments

whiggs

So I just became aware of the fact that Iobit unlocker supports command line arguments. Probably the main reason for this is because documentation concerning this feature is NON EXISTENT!! The only reason I know is because, on a whim, I tried using the "/?" argument when calling the executable from the command line, which results in a popup Window displaying its usage. And that is where my problem lies. Not only is the command line feature for IObit unlocker not documented anywhere, the information provided by running the executable with "/?" is hilariously lacking:

Command line usage:

IObitUnlocker.exe Command [Option] Object

Command:

/None

/Delete

/Rename

/Move

/Copy

Option:

/Normal

/Advanced

Object:

None: "Path1","Path2","Path3"

delete: "Path1","Path2","Path3"

Rename: "Path1","Path2","Path3" "NewName1","NewName2","NewName3"

Move: "Path1","Path2","Path3" "NewPath"

Copy: "Path1","Path2","Path3" "NewPath"

So I can gather what the "command" portion does (though it is unclear as to if it requires a preceding "/", but I guess trial and error will have to figure that huh?), but what do the "option" switches do? No explanation whatsoever...... And is there a switch to run the command line utility using the "force" option for which there is a checkbox you can select in the GUI version of the application?

Also, just word to the wise (not that anybody gives a

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n220188[/ATTACH]

about good advice now-a-days), but it would probably be a good idea to a) actually document this feature somewhere so that people know it exists and b) make the help content accessible from within the tool actually...you know.....good. But yeah, an in-depth explanation as to the workings of the command line usage of the tool would be awesome.

I agree with you whiggs it would be nice and very useful to have CLI usage of Iobit unlocker documented.

I searched for it also and can`t find nothing...

Maybe we can make a helpful list as a community, with help of Cicely and other prominent members.. :oops:

Cheers vbsmile.png

Archived