IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Start Menu 8 for Windows 8 -Discussions

enoskype

Please check IObit web page http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php !

StartMenu8 is specially designed for Window 8. It offers a perfect solution for users who work with Windows Start Menu all the time and are not accustomed to the new Metro start screen in Windows 8. This smart tool brings back both the start button and Windows Start Menu, and offers the option to skip Metro start page, allowing users who only work on desktop to boot to Windows 8 desktop directly. It's the best start menu replacement for Windows8.

You can also find the download links for StartMenu8 Beta 1.0 in

StartMenu8 Beta 1.0 is released. thread in News & Offers section.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Sounds very good!!

I have heard many complain about the missing start button in Windows 8 - perhaps Microsoft will listen and bring it back after a while. (soon :-) )

But this solution sounds good!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Please check IObit web page http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php !

StartMenu8 is specially designed for Window 8. It offers a perfect solution for users who work with Windows Start Menu all the time and are not accustomed to the new Metro start screen in Windows 8. This smart tool brings back both the start button and Windows Start Menu, and offers the option to skip Metro start page, allowing users who only work on desktop to boot to Windows 8 desktop directly. It's the best start menu replacement for Windows8.

You can also find the download links for StartMenu8 Beta 1.0 in

StartMenu8 Beta 1.0 is released. thread in News & Offers section.

Cheers.

sounds a great idea, pity microsoft never built that option into w8 may well do in w8 sp1 i expect.

not sure if i will get w8 unless i replace a laptop, also heard rumor on anther web they maybe getting rid of mediaplayer, now i thought that was the best of the umpteen media players out there hate having to use vlc on a net book because of the lack of power to use media player.

• 2 weeks later...

I started using StartMenu8 for Windows 8 in W8 Pro and it perfectly Works OK.

Being in a familiar environment in a new OS is relieving.

I hated that Metro thing anyway. :razz:

BTW, in Win 8, only way to full stop UAC is a registry modification which stops all Metro applications.

Hard to understand MS if one really wants the control of the OS. Pity.:cry:

Cheers.

Metro-Retro Modern!!!

I wish I could get so modern only with using W8. :lol::-P

How about that, no classical Windows Games in W8. :roll:

If you really want them, you have to copy and convert them taking from a PC with W7. Bah.....

I can't think of anybody not tried different Solitaries and Minesweeper in Windows' history. :wink:

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Guide of StarMenu8 Beta 2.0 - A bug, or not readiness?

I wonder if anybody have found a way to run Product Guide other than going to the main StartMenu8 folder and running StartMenu8_Guide.exe executable. :?:

Although the language strings of Guide is in the language file [startMenu8_frmGuide], the Guide does not read the language files, so it is in English only.

StartMenu8.exe executable file does not include tfrmGuide in the Resource Data.

Cheers.

Hi IObit Team,

I wonder why Hibernate is taken out in StartMenu8 Beta 2.0.

The function is there in untweaked Windows 8.

Cheers.

I was also on the forum trying to figure out where the hibernate option is. Good thing I have my power button set for hibernate. I couldn't figure out how to do it other than that.

Left arrow not working [sOLVED by an update]

For some reason, when StartMenu8 is active I'm unable to use my left arrow either on my integrated laptop keyboard or on an external one. As soon as I exit StartMenu8, it starts working again.

maybe a bug in startmenu 8?

Hi:

yesterday after installing win 8 pro I tried startmenu 8 and all went fine but the start icon in the task-bar keeps disappearing and appearing (becomes invisible and visible) constantly every few seconds and its hard to work with it or click it when does that? I had to uninstall it. Please fix this issue. I really love to try it.

Edit/Delete Message

Start8 Bug

I was not sure where to post this, but your current release of Start8 has a slight bug in it. I found that when I have it installed on my PC the Back Arrow key, Including the one on the OSK and the Number pad no longer work in most of windows app/programs. Once I disabled the start8 (after 3 days of trouble shooting with Microsoft) we found out that start8 was the problem. I love the app and works well other then this little bug. Thanks and have a great day.

Hi,

also for the german translation there are some points to optimize:

- the term "No items match your search." don't change with any language file

- please, if possible, enlarge the "shut down" button -> german term "Herunterfahren" don't have enough place.

Archived