IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Remove Powerful Uninstaller Context Menu Item?

robhouston

Hello-----The latest version of Start Menu 8 also installed the IObit uninstaller. I removed this by using Windows uninstall from Control Panel, but the context item "Powerful uninstall" still appears when right clicking a program item.

How do I remove this context menu item?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Iobit start menu to my surprise i noticed when i left clicked my mouse i found Powerful Uninstall in the startup menu can anybody help me to delete this context menu as shown in the snap. it is not showing when i right click on the desktop it is showing only when i right click on start menu items.

any help please

Cheers

Trojan

Hi TrojanHorse27,

Welcome to IObit Forum!

Currently they cannot be removed from the context menu.

We have forwarded your feedback to our Product Manager and Tech Director. They will considerate it carefully to continuously improve our product and service.

We really appreciate your supporting to IObit.

Hi robhouston,

Welcome to IObit Forum!

Currently they cannot be removed from the context menu.

We have forwarded your feedback to our Product Manager and Tech Director. They will considerate it carefully to continuously improve our product and service.

We really appreciate your supporting to IObit.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I installed Iobit start menu to my surprise i noticed when i left clicked my mouse i found Powerful Uninstall in the startup menu can anybody help me to delete this context menu as shown in the snap. it is not showing when i right click on the desktop it is showing only when i right click on start menu items.

any help please

Cheers

Trojan

-Wanting to use this powerful uninstaller, but not interested in further bloating my already extensive context menu . . .

There is an 'inelegant' solution to this I just discovered, and it doesn't involve a registry edit-

Navigate your directory to the folder that IObit Uninstaller is located in, for me it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit Uninstaller

Find the file: UninstallMenuRight.dll

Alter the name of that file by a letter, I use: UninstallMenuRight.dlm -that is, the last letter is changed from 'l' to ''m'(so that I can change it back if desired later).

--That is it.

By deactivating this '.dll'(Dynamic Linked Library) in the root directory of the program, the software retains full functionality, but the context menu link is gone.

Archived