IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 10 Start Menu

TrojanHorse27

Windows 10 has just been rolled out on first batch of users this week. I think developers need time to develop one though for this. From what I've seen, Windows 10 already has a start menu, so I'd think that there's no need for this already? 1.gif

General search, "Windows 10" seems to find occurences with "Windows" as keyword. When I used Advanced Search keyword in titles, it did seem to find specific posts for Windows 10, but still showed the keyword drop down tab as "windows" when I attempted to edit. IOBit could fix this. Most users need to discuss Windows 10 upgrade "in place" vs "fresh" install, and specific forums, Advanced Search keyword searches need to be easier to isolate since this is a huge topic for your installed base.

Specifically, can you describe what will happen to my Smart Menu 8 mods when I attempt an in place upgrade to Windows 10. Is it possible you might have a sub-forum for Insider Preview testing of this process for Start Menu 8 and those using IOBit installed products? Should we all be upgrading to ASC9 "before" we attempt an upgrade? How you handle this is of high interest to many of your users.

Thanks!

Hi cpofox,

When you upgrade to Windows 10, Start Menu 8 will be moved to windows.old folder and you should reinstall it instead of using it from it's present location. (It works from the present location though.|;-))

You don't have to install ASC 9 before upgrade, but if you do, it works. (In my personal case temperatures in Performance Monitor does not work with ASC9 Beta 1 in any case before or after upgrade. :-x)

Cheers.

Archived