IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Start Menu8 too slow opening it's menu in Windows 10

Mentorron

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n212552[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n212553[/ATTACH] I have the latest version 2.3.0.201 of StartMenu8 installed in Windows 10 Home at Samsung EVO 850 (C:) / Program Files (x86) / IObit / Start Menu8. When I click on the start orb, it can take from instantly to many seconds before the menu opens. Sometimes I feel I have to click several times before it will open. I find this troubling, as I have a VERY fast SSD installed with all it's "tweaks" including Samsung's RAPID feature: Random read: 65451 IOPS, Sequential Read: 1706 MB/sec , with a 3.02 GHz processor and 4GB RAM.

If I exit Start Menu8 and use the included MS Windows 10's start menu, it is always an instantaneous response, as it should with Start Menu8.

I went back to doing a bit of investigation into the Start Menu8 response times. I find that the slowness seems to be only on the first time I click on the "orb" after using my computer for email or web browsing. If I continue to re-click on the orb at that time, all subsequent clicks get an immediate response. So the issue is "what is causing the slowness on 1st click". At the time of the clicks, CPU processes are almost nil as per screenshot below. Note the high RAM usage is caused by Samsung's R.A.P.I.D. feature using system RAM to further speed up SSD read/writes. Cancelling RAPID, RAM usage is then under 2GB.

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]n212571[/ATTACH]

Hi Mentorron,

Please follow the steps below to check whether the issue is solved or not.

1.Download the demo from the link below, then run it to install Start Menu 8 again.

http://wikisend.com/download/252408/setup1.exe

2.Click Start button to check whether it opens Start menu instantly or not.

If not, please download the tool GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe from https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeebd524gwwg67b/GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe?dl=0 Then double click to run it and click “Save report to Desktop”. After it finished, click OK. Then you will get the file iu_logs_xxx.log on your desktop. Please send iu_logs_xxx.log to us so that we can look into the issue further.

Thanks for your time.

Archived