IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for WinMetro

itobe

IObit new product "WinMetro" v1.0 available now

Transform Your Windows Desktop to the New Metro Look

Bring Window 8 Metro UI to Your Desktop

WinMetro is specially designed to bring the newly introduced Windows 8 Metro UI to Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. It offers an easy solution for old version Windows users to try and enjoy the tile based Metro UI. By displacing useful information such as weather, calendar, news, stocks, and frequently used programs, it turns your desktop into an informative and productive work area. It also offers the option to boot to Metro Start Screen directly.

1. Send your Feedback

- E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: beta-feedback@iobit.com

- Join discussion on our forums

The top 10 most valuable beta contributors will be given a Special Present. And their names will be printed in the WinMetro Final version.

2. Share WinMetro with your families, friends, and colleagues

- Share on Facebook

- Share on Twitter

- Share on Google+

3. Download Free

Download from MajorGeeks

Date:2013-01-25

Version:v1.0

Size:7.38MB

What's new

+ Added More Language Support

+ Added More Settings

+ Improved Interface

+ Improved "Calendar", "Internet Explorer", "Photos" etc.

+ Fixed General Bugs

4. Key Benefits

- More Informative

You can now get widgets that lively display useful information in real time, such as weather forecast, calendar, news, stocks and more.

- More Productive

Access to the most frequently used system tools and recently opened programs becomes easier and faster, saving time during working or surfing.

- Quicker Searching

Exact matching in specific path searching decreases the time taken in searching and makes your work more efficient.

- Easier Switch between Two Modes

By clicking the bottom left corner or using hot key, you can easily switch between Metro and Desktop Interface depending on your preference.

- Safe and Secure

IObit WinMetro is safe, secure, and 100% free from malware.

5. Help us translate

You can find our Language file here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\WinMetro\Language\English.lng(Usually path)

Please help us translate it via following method:

- Open the '.lng' file with Windows "NotePad" or any other text editors. And you can translate these English words into your own language now.

- All you need to do is translating the words to the right of “=”. Note: Please Do Not translate "%s", "%d", "<a>%s</a>" or "<a>%d</a>".

- Please strictly follow the format and then send your translation to beta-feedback@iobit.com

Thanks -so- much in advance!

PS: Here we supply a Language Checking Tool. You can find out some little modification easier. Language Checking Tool

• 4 weeks later...

A few things could get better...

*full month and full day description

*Facebook doesn't work

*I use Firefox rather then Explorer... How can I change that?

*I don't have SkyDrive, can I put something else instead?

*I don't have Bing, can I put something else instead?

*I'm not interested in the Financial markets, can I put something else instead?

Improvement

1. Activated by pointing to the top left and right is easier for me, please consider to make a option in the setting for that.

2. Make those metro things edit-able

3. Create more option to the network option on the taskbar

Some much needed changes

*Calendar needs an option of changing from 24 hr to 12 hr mode, full month name, and ability to link to my calendar (google calendar as an example)

Nice weather app but it links to the wrong city, needs an option to select the city to display

*Facebook, Twitter & Bing are not working

*Need the ability to add & remove Apps

*The option to add our own shortcuts instead of the frequently used set that is generated

*The option of arranging position of tiles

Hi JUDY-ANNE A GALWAY... welcome to the Iobit forums!

I Absolutely Hate The Rubbish Which Is Appearing On My Desktop Now, In Comparison To What I Had Before.

How Can I Remove This Latest Rubbish Please?

Welcome here!:smile:

It would be good and helpful of you if you could please clarify your post a bit.

Are you hating the "Rubbish" of the Win8metro... or hating the "rubbish" of the application WinMetro?

Also please describe the "Rubbish" you are referring to... if I was your neighbor, I'd be happy to carry your garbage out for you if it was in a bag. Please put the Rubbish in a bag and tell us what it is... thanks.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Bing is a MS search engine, like google, or yahoo. What browser are you using now... (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)? It would be most helpful if you would provide all your system details in your userCP in order for us to help assist you... we will all be looking to your user CP to get these system details to offer assistance.

Hi jd434... welcome to the Iobit forums.

I like the all Apps should be on it and should be other apps working... I like the windows 8 and i want it... Please help me with my other apps keeps loading... There are something error...

When windows starts, it goes not responding for 1 minute and 30 seconds...

Does not have Full Windows 8 Version...

The side won't appear as been clicked... But only on the task bar as you mose your mouse to the down at side.

The "Send Feedback." should be there arrow so can list like windows 8.

There should be a skin pack for trial of windows 8...

Facebook is loading longer...

And the rest... Of something...

:-(:-(:-(:x:x:x

Perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of the application? It is to allow current users of Windows 8 to have a more famialiar desktop (something that they are used to). It is not any kind of substitute for Windowa 8. I would suggest that you get Windows 8 as you already seem to be familiar with it and like it.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT: Attention Mel, WinMetro program by IObit is for XP, Vista, and Win7 to function and look alike similar to Windows8.

Read please!

There should be something else on the WinMetro

• Full of Apps.

• Facebook (should be socialite) and Twitter should work.

• People can edit apps to move it anywhere.

• Move mouse to Bottom at right corner for Start Menu in Start Panel for Settings, Devices, Share, and Search button.

• This message has been removed by jd434 for more reasons that may not match into WinMetro.

• Should got animation moves.

• There should be no title up and close button unless theres back button in apps.

• Lock screen.

• Store to download some apps and to update the WinMetro into new version.

• There should be a Internet Explorer App unless opening it outside the desktop.

• Make the "Welcome" slower to run the Start Panel automatically than waiting to run it in finish of welcome.

And thats it. If you could been one by one of putting those then it would be at the end.

Cheers mate.

Perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of the application? It is to allow current users of Windows 8 to have a more famialiar desktop (something that they are used to). It is not any kind of substitute for Windowa 8. I would suggest that you get Windows 8 as you already seem to be familiar with it and like it.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT: Attention Mel, WinMetro program by IObit is for XP, Vista, and Win7 to function and look alike similar to Windows8.

Thanks. And please i got new post :D

Not simply to look like the Metro in Win8, actually; it serves two additional purposes: WinMetro (when completed) will allow folks to try out the Win8 OS without losing many of the apps they're accustomed to on previous Windows versions -- apps which, it seems, no amount of tweeking for earlier versions (Honest, it used to work in Windows 7 I promise!) will get them past the very particular censorship of Win8. And it allows users to stay with a tried and true version of Windows they trust -- a version that (as far as any Windows version goes) allows just a little more user control than Windows 8.