IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Imf 8 uninstall issues

8ball

Hi there,

I have iobit malware fighter 8 and I have issues uninstalling it.

The uninstaller succeeds however it leaves back some stuff in hidden icons like imf.exe

I attached an image on that issue

Could you give me some help?

Best regards,

Ben

MALWARE FIGHTER IS INSTALL ON WINDOWS 10 V. 2004

Go into your programs (x86) folder and your Appdata folder and remove any folders for IMF.

Go into your programs (x86) folder and your Appdata folder and remove any folders for IMF.

That didn't really help. That's the same issue.

If you removed all the folder, then you must have removed imf.exe.

Are you saying that you still have the same issue.

Did you look in your task manager to see if there are any processes for IMF, and if there are right click on them and click "Open File Location" and remove them

Actually I suggest you look at the photo. It is a Windows photo from the "Show which icons appear in the taskbar" settings, and sadly Windows 10 is so screwed up this rubbish happens.

There is no simple way to remove this. Good old microsoft strikes again.

If the icon appears in your taskbar, you could try right clicking on it and see if there is an option to remove the icon.