IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deletes Spotify playlists

I really appreciate this app, but there is one fairly serious flaw.

When deleting cache, it also deletes all the downloaded playlists in the program SPOTIFY. This is a very big music stream-provider in Europe that also recently started in the United States. It allows you to download your playlists for offline-play, and this is what Advanced Mobile Care deletes.

This is also the only section that does not allow me to click "ignore this app" upon cleaning. If that was added, I believe the problem would be eradicated.

Or is there an option I am not finding?

Hi henryvoll,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have tested the situation as you mentioned,but we did not reproduce it. Please provide the following details to help us look into the issue.

1)Please try to send us the screen capture to show the playlist of SPOTIFY that will be deleted.

2) Please click "Scan" button of Advanced Moble Care. After scanning, please click "cache" to see the details and send us the screen capture related to SPOTIFY.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the swift reply!

I have made an album on Google+ specifically for this thread. The link is as follows: https://plus.google.com/photos/104006022751014215513/albums/5850025467118806225?authkey=CO7DofT5spzV6wE

It also has step-by-step comments.

As you can see on those pictures, the catalog shows to drop from 14mb til 0b after the press of "repair" on Advanced Mobile Care - even though the software itself shows as having 24kb of cache before the whole thing starts.

Please, look at the pictures and you can see what I see. It is all done step-by-step in six screenshots.

Thank you very much for your help.

Again, fantastic program - but there really is no doubt that it does indeed delete the playlists.

I've been having the same problem and it took me a while to realize what actually caused it, since the cache in the AMC list states 24.00kb whilst the actual cache holding the offline files is 7GB+. Is there any news on this, and wouldn't it be easier to be able to choose which applications are getting cleaned out or not? Per now I'm just able to choose either all or none - trying to remove a marked application just send me into the settings options for that particular app :-|

No news yet - still have the problem. I haven't been downloading any playlists because I am hoping they will fix this.

I am just glad to see others have this problem too. - Don't get me wrong, I don't wish that upon you of course (hehe), just glad to see I am not doing anything wrong on my end.

Hi henryvoll and Bajsburk,

After several tests, it is found that the downloaded playlists of Spotify are stored in cache. Thus, if you delete the cache including your system cache, the downloaded playlists will be deleted.

But do not worry, we will make changes to solve the issue in our next version 3.:-P

• 1 month later...

Two updates later, whereas todays update said "-Fixed cache clean issue" but the problem persists. Currently downloading my offline playlists yet again :cry: I guess this update was aimed at something else or is this matter still under investigation?

Hi Bajsburk,

As we cannot disable the cache clean for a certain app, please go to the settings to turn off the cache clean function:

Run Advanced Mobile Care->tap the settings icon at the top right corner->tap Scan and then turn off the settings for cache clean.

Let us know if any further question.:razz:

Archived