IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Privacy locker issues

Hi lainahug,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please describe the issue more clearly with screen capture. Besides, please tell us the precise version of your system and the model of your phone to help us look into the issue.

Thank you for supporting IObit!

• 1 month later...

Hi.This is not a reply.I am having issues myself.I just installed the mobile care.Everything seemed to be ok until i clicked privacy locker.i chose files to lock and at the end i was prompted to setup a password which i did.The problem is i cant find those files anymore on my phone.they have been transfered to the app.....(if that makes any sense).Now each time i try to view them after activating the app.it requests that i decrypt it so as to view it.once i view it,it gets deleted both from the phone and the app.i have lost about 14 files including videos and pictures.Please i need help.........I use an Andriod....Samsung galaxy 111.

Hi Jyk,

To help us look into this issue, please let us know more detailed information:

1) What is your Android version and mobile type?

2) Did you check the original folder after you have decryt the files?

3) What is the version of your Advanced Mobile Care?

Please kindly note that if you have encrypt a file in Privacy locker, the file will not be seen in the original folder.

If possbile, please let us know the detailed steps of how you decrypting the files.

Your kind help will be highly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Saurabh4755,

Please download the demo at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nriltvur94a1xr/privacy_tools.apk

Please run the demo and take a screen capture of the result interface. Please send the screen capture to mobilesupport@iobit.com, we will look into it.

Guide for Taking Screenshots:

Hold down the POWER button and the HOME button at the same time to take a screen capture.

Thank you for your time and patience!

• 6 months later...

Hi..

I am new here.. can u plz help me with this?

Few days back I formatted my phone, & before that, I took a backup for all my data. I am using the Advance Mobile Care App from past a year or more. Like Always after formatting my phone, I reinstall the app, and it takes up the previous data saved in the memory card, in its privacy locker feature (with a folder name "mobilecare" & in it all the files hidden and encrypted in ".privacy" folder). This time when i installed the application back & was looking for my data, a crash log appeared. My files are not shown in the app. but they are still hidden and encrypted. Many encrypted files are even changed with an extension of ".bin" and are shown as VLC files. Even the images folder in the application shows that I have around 800 files in it. but after opening the image folder, No image shows up. Even the "ADD" & "Edit" button shown at the bottom is disabled. I never found this issue before. Plz help me with this. OR plz help me by telling me any means to decrypt the files, so I can get my data back. The data is really important. The version of App is- 4.6.2. & I am using android version 4.2.1.

Hi Neha Banga,

Please download the demo at:

file:///C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\%W@GJ$ACOF(TYDYECOKVDYB.pnghttps://www.dropbox.com/s/8nriltvur94a1xr/privacy_tools.apk

Please run the demo and take a screen capture of the result interface. Please send the screen capture to us, we will look into it.

Guide for Taking Screenshots:

Hold down the POWER button and the HOME button at the same time to take a screen capture.

Thank you for your time and patience!

• 5 years later...

No I haven't Transferred, My old phone had went to repair there i found it not going get repair because of some technical issue and it permanently shutdown so i had purchased a new phone and downloaded AMC security.and start to check my data in privacy locker by logging it with my email,I came to know that my entire data has lost, so iam trying to contact you for recovering my data in my new phone, pls help me

• 1 year later...

Hello. I had some files in my privacy locker on my old phone. I copied the encrypted files into my laptop for backup. I lost the phone and I now have a new one. I downloaded the app and copied the files into the new phone but I can't access the files still.