IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

thinking about AMC some questions

I have an android ver 4.1.2. on a samsung galaxy s3. Not too genned up on mobile phones. I have read the iobit FAQ's on advanced mobile care.

1]Does AMC itself cause much drain on the battery running in the background.

2]Am I right in thinking the virus defn's are only iupdated when a new version comes out or are they updated on a weekly basis or similar.

3] like the idea of blocked calls, does this also need liason with the phone provided or does AMC cover the blocking completly, can a blocked call in error be reversed.

4] I have some apps pre installed like facebook etc which will not delete so i can hide them only. is there a way to close apps so they do not reload by themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sunny,

Sorry for the late reply.:oops:

Please check our replies to your question as below:

AMC does not drain much battery while running in the background. If you found your battery is drained much, please let us know.

2]Am I right in thinking the virus defn's are only iupdated when a new version comes out or are they updated on a weekly basis or similar.

Presently the virus database is updated while a new version comes out.

3] like the idea of blocked calls, does this also need liason with the phone provided or does AMC cover the blocking completly, can a blocked call in error be reversed.

Your can add some number into the Blacklist and then choose to block calls from Blacklist or you can choose to block all calls from the numbers you do not have in your contacts. You can check the Blocked Calls for the block history. If it is blocked in error, you can get the number and call back.

4] I have some apps pre installed like facebook etc which will not delete so i can hide them only. is there a way to close apps so they do not reload by themselves.

We are sorry that AMC cannot prevent them from reloading. However you can enable the Auto Kill to kill tasks every ten minutes, every half hour, etc.

And the AMC v3.4 has been released. Please check on Google Play and update to the latest version.

Let us know if there are further questions or suggestions.:-D

I have an android ver 4.1.2. on a samsung galaxy s3. Not too genned up on mobile phones. I have read the iobit FAQ's on advanced mobile care.

1) It doesn't seem to drain much battery

2) Another antivirus is required as this doesn't change definitions regularly.

4) If you're thinking of anything you can't do on your phone manually if its firmware doesn't have those features like moving apps, uninstalling etc. But you can kill background processes. Virtually you cant use any feature of amc that your phone doesn't come with. For example I can't install apps on microsd card cause the phone doesn't have that features. I use 4.0.4(possibly its way too old as now its 4.4 Kitkat that's new)

To prevent installing anything that may cause mobile to be slow, I run it on my pc first using android sdk after backing up through asc v7 beta. Hope this helps. Sorry for being late.

Archived