IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Will not connect to HTC Salsa phone

Yes .. toggled it to be sure. Get the familiar USB disconnect and reconnect when I disable it, then the same again when I enable it again and MMM tries to connect .. and after a bit of progress bar cycling it says "Failed to Connect" and when I click on details it says "Failed to enable mobile client. Please click Connect again". Doesn't do any good, of course.

NOTE: Nothing at all appears to happen on my mobile, I'm not sure if there is supposed to be something happening I can see there, other than the usual icon showing "USB debugging connected"

Yes .. toggled it to be sure. Get the familiar USB disconnect and reconnect when I disable it, then the same again when I enable it again and MMM tries to connect .. and after a bit of progress bar cycling it says "Failed to Connect" and when I click on details it says "Failed to enable mobile client. Please click Connect again". Doesn't do any good, of course.

NOTE: Nothing at all appears to happen on my mobile, I'm not sure if there is supposed to be something happening I can see there, other than the usual icon showing "USB debugging connected"

That icon doesn't mean usb debugging is on phone. it is just you've connected a usb device. you've to change developer options in your phone

Which android os do you use?

As I already said, I've enabled USB debugging mode. I even toggled it as MMM suggests. The icon on the phone does indeed mean that USB debugging is enabled and that the phone is connected to another device via USB in debugging mode. So that is not the issue.

Is there a mobile client app that needs to be installed. There was no mention of it, and nothing shows in the play store.

I'm assuming that MMM tries to install a client on the mobile when it connects.

As I already said, I've enabled USB debugging mode. I even toggled it as MMM suggests. The icon on the phone does indeed mean that USB debugging is enabled and that the phone is connected to another device via USB in debugging mode. So that is not the issue.

Is there a mobile client app that needs to be installed. There was no mention of it, and nothing shows in the play store.

I'm assuming that MMM tries to install a client on the mobile when it connects.

No app is required but did you install your phones drivers for pc. BTW a phone atleast needs three drivers MTP(file transfer), PTP(camera) and Android driver for debugging. Did you install them on your pc?

Yes .. I know how to activate USB debugging. As I have said three times now, I have done that already.

Yes .. all the relevant drivers are installed and working. The phone works just fine with other USB and wifi connected programs. It is only MMM that is having problems here. And no, the phone is not connected to any other programs on the PC while I am trying to use MMM.

NEWSFLASH .. it has suddenly decided to work, after at least 8 unsuccessful attempts. Hopefully it will connect again in the future and be less flaky.

MMM tried to install Advanced Mobile Care onto the phone .. that failed at around 90%

I went to the beta test page and got the latest version of AMC and manually installed that from google play site.

AMC a memory hog thought .. it won't install to SD card, so makes my phone very sluggish, rather defeating much of the purpose of having it. I think I'll need to uninstall and reinstall it when I need it so it doesn't have such a big impact.

AMC also doesn't seem to do anything as far as repairing goes. It finds 135 junk files (which is says is browser history) .. so I click on Repair, and get a nice little green tick. Then scan again, and surprise surprise, there's 135 junk files still there.

It also finds one task to get rid of .. which is Google Play Services .. I certainly hope it isn't doing that.

Hi roger_onslow,

We need more information to look into the issue. Please download the tool from:

http://www.wikisend.com/download/968888/ManageMyMobile%20Log%20collect%20tool.rar

Extract the zipped file -> double click logCollect.exe to run it -> click log collection -> a file named ManageMyMobile_Log.zip will be created on your Desktop. Please send it to mobilesupport@iobit.com, we will look into it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi dev3,

Thank you very much for your timely help:-D

Archived