IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Play Protect warning on AMC Security

This morning (9-28-2019) my Samsung J7 Star (SM-J737T) running Android 9 gave me a Play Protect warning when I attempted to open the Notification Cleaner from the pull-down (screen shot attached)

Please advise - I'm reluctant to uninstall but wary of "Open anyway"

Michael Andrews

• Like 1

Same thing here on my Mobile Straight Talk device, I have been a customer for about 10 years and would hate to have to uninstall this APP due to the possibility of it being compromised, i truly trust IOBit and have several of the programs across several PCs in our home a little Google APP warning wont chase me away but some input would be nice, I think the IOBit team is checking things over so i'm waiting on a "dude its same man" or a "oh crap its compromised please remove it" so i am not worrying.

This morning (9-28-2019) my Samsung J7 Star (SM-J737T) running Android 9 gave me a Play Protect warning when I attempted to open the Notification Cleaner from the pull-down (screen shot attached)

Please advise - I'm reluctant to uninstall but wary of "Open anyway"

Michael Andrews

Firstly....you will not get a response from Iobit on the weekend. Soonest you can expect a response from them is Monday.

Regarding your issue.....the screenshot you provided is a bit confusing....

Is the screenshot generated by some protection programme which is warning you that AMC is suspect, and if so, what is the protection programme generating the message.

Or

Is the message being generated by AMC, warning you about an app.

This is a warning coming from Android about AMC Security.

If I open the Play Store and goto Updates, at the top of my list is a warning to uninstall AMC Security. It gives 2 choices, Uninstall or Learn more.

Clicking Uninstall does not go to the app page for a second button selection, it immediately uninstalled the app (see attached).

The app is no longer found in the play store and has no listing in my library.

I will have to test if it can be loaded independently from IOBit website.

Michael Andrews

Firstly....you will not get a response from Iobit on the weekend. Soonest you can expect a response from them is Monday.

Regarding your issue.....the screenshot you provided is a bit confusing....

Is the screenshot generated by some protection programme which is warning you that AMC is suspect, and if so, what is the protection programme generating the message.

Or

Is the message being generated by AMC, warning you about an app.

Well, IOBit do work weekends. Here is the explanation from IOBit

Dear users,

AMC Security is removed from Google Play because there is a problem with our one of partner's SDK, we are now urgently fixing this problem and the new version will available on Google Play soon.

You may get an information from Google Play said AMC Security is a dangerous app. But please trust us, AMC Security is a safety app and it focus on optimizing & protect mobile phone for more than 5 years, we will not do any harmful things to our users.

...See more

71408356_2643528009012553_7764098529433223168_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQkrvcuGQokH9ZXqmfN_cXAqAauWu0Xx04Z2qNX5VCjEQMSZOHwt-vtYX7cRJj4kwRU&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=9ba8ac2dfb51ba50c4f8f1c3f7541fae&oe=5E2E6FC4

I also received a warning from google play protect on Sunday morning. I tried to call their customer care number but was put on hold for over an hour.

Funny though, I personally have no experience of the AMC app interfering with any of my other apps, not even my Lookout Security app.

Is it possible that maybe this warning is in reference to a beta version put out for testing?[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":229178}[/ATTACH]

A security app that gets blacklisted....

This is pretty serious. I have the Pro version which I pay for with a subscription in the fall of every year. Was going to renew this, and now finding out that it has been "blacklisted" by Google Play. It doesn't even "exist" anymore on Google Play. I went ahead and did the uninstall.

...wondering why Iobit didn't get and/or respond to any notification or communication from Google? How did it get this far that the app was blacklisted before Iobit could fix the problem? ….and how will Iobit handle this problem in the upcoming days ahead for all of their subscribers who have "paid" for their Pro version?

This isn't a rant from some new customer. I have been a loyal user of Iobit computer products since 2006 and of AMC Security since 2014. Your facebook page is now saying to stand-firm, trust you and to "keep the app on your phone" (the opposite of what Google is telling us to do). The Iobit website is "silent" and admins/moderators of this forum do not seem to be taking this seriously enough. I think Iobit needs to treat this situation as a 5-alarm defcon-2 scenario before they lose their customer-base (week-end or not) and definitely keep their users & subscribers informed in detail on exactly what has happened and why, and how the situation will get resolved.

I know "crap" can happen, especially with companies you partner with, and I hope this resolves OK. A thought to keep in mind is, ...what if this happened to "McAfee"...

Truthfully, I don't trust Google either. I trust them even less (because of their size and role as the "monopoly" on most of the information on the planet), but in this case, they also hold the monopoly on app installation with Google Play.

A security app that gets blacklisted....

The Iobit website is "silent" and admins/moderators of this forum do not seem to be taking this seriously enough. I think Iobit needs to treat this situation as a 5-alarm defcon-2 scenario before they lose their customer-base (week-end or not) and definitely keep their users & subscribers informed in detail on exactly what has happened and why, and how the situation will get resolved.

Just to be clear.....the Admins/Moderators on this Forum are not Iobit employees. We are ordinary users who volunteer their time to assist other users.

I replied to the OP's question and the issue was subsequently answered by other users.

I also made it quite clear (as I have done many times before) not to expect much help from Iobit.

As Admins/Mods we cannot force Iobit to provide a better service, and even though we have continuously asked them for better support, we have been all but ignored.

Apologies if it seems I was blasting a moderator. That was really not my intentional here. However, in the general sense, I am saying that I thought it strange that both the Iobit website and the forum were silent about the issue after 48 hours, ...meaning, no news or notifications to the customers. ...and if Iobit really was truly "unaware" of the issue, that would seem pretty bad to me. ...because this is not some issue randomly affecting a few select users. This is an instant pop-up notification that had to appear on everybody's phones, so everyone knows about it. Those I know that use AMC got it as well, at the same time.

...so apologies Scannan, but I do consider this issue serious enough to actually create a new forum-account here and log-on to speak my mind. I know it is a potential "bomb" for AMC Security (pending how this turns out). As someone stated on the Facebook page, you have to wonder how long Iobit has allowed their product(s) to run possibly utilizing a partnering company's compromising code/libraries (if that truly is the case here). I know Iobit has a very good loyal user base (hey, I have been one of them), but as I stated, this situation is serious and I hope they handle it properly.

Apologies if it seems I was blasting a moderator. That was really not my intentional here. However, in the general sense, I am saying that I thought it strange that both the Iobit website and the forum were silent about the issue after 48 hours, ...meaning, no news or notifications to the customers. ...and if Iobit really was truly "unaware" of the issue, that would seem pretty bad to me. ...because this is not some issue randomly affecting a few select users. This is an instant pop-up notification that had to appear on everybody's phones, so everyone knows about it. Those I know that use AMC got it as well, at the same time.

...so apologies Scannan, but I do consider this issue serious enough to actually create a new forum-account here and log-on to speak my mind. I know it is a potential "bomb" for AMC Security (pending how this turns out). As someone stated on the Facebook page, you have to wonder how long Iobit has allowed their product(s) to run possibly utilizing a partnering company's compromising code/libraries (if that truly is the case here). I know Iobit has a very good loyal user base (hey, I have been one of them), but as I stated, this situation is serious and I hope they handle it properly.

No apologies necessary. I just wanted users to be clear as to the function of the forum.

Sadly, as you can see...STILL NO RESPONSE FROM IOBIT....indeed, without the FB post users would have been left completely in the dark.

Unfortunately, this is not an issue where I can give any other advice, as only Iobit can provide answers/solutions.

Maybe if enough users gave them some posts on FB and Twitter highlighting their lack of support for and consideration for their users, they may get the message.