IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Got False-Positive for Excel.exe

• Hello,

When running the Smartscan while running Microsoft Excel 2007 it comes up with the following threat:

Trojan.Agnet, File, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE, 9-45079

I remove it, reinstall it, and then open it and scan again and it comes up with the same threat, however if I have excel closed it never finds it. Is this a real threat? And if not why is it keep coming up as one?

I'm using Windows 7 x64 with Security 360 Pro and have included the report

IObit Security 360
    Version:1.4.1.11
    Define Version:1419
    Time Elapsed:00:00:01
    Objects Scanned:617
    Threats Found:1
    |Name|Type|Description|ID|
    Trojan.Agnet, File, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE, 9-45079

Thanks,
    MJ Kio

mobdro

• Hello,

When running the Smartscan while running Microsoft Excel 2007 it comes up with the following threat:

I remove it, reinstall it, and then open it and scan again and it comes up with the same threat, however if I have excel closed it never finds it. Is this a real threat? And if not why is it keep coming up as one?

IObit Security 360

Thanks,
    MJ Kio

Anyone who can help me with this problem please?

Hi mjkio90,

It is found that you are still using IObit Malware Fighter v1. Now IObit Malware Fighter v6 has been released and the old version is not on maintaining.

Please download and install the latest IMF v6 from http://update.iobit.com/dl/IObit-Malware-Fighter-Setup.exe to reinstall and see whether the issue continues.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 4 months later...

Hello guys,

Does the issue repeats? Please check and ensure you have updated the the latest database before the scan.

Would you please send us the file that was detected by IObit Malware Fighter to help us analyze it?

Please zip the suspicious file with password "infected", upload it to http://www.wikisend.com and then give us the download link

We are looking forward to your reply.

• 3 months later...

• Hello,

When running the Smartscan while running Microsoft Excel 2007 it comes up with the following app threat:

IObit Security 360

Thanks,
    MJ Kio

Even I'm facing this problem. Did anyone got the solution.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see that Traps alert. If your customer is a Palo Alto Networks customer they need to open a Support case. This forum is exclusively for Virus Total False Positives for non-Palo Alto Networks customers.

• 1 month later...