No announcement yet.

Send Your Feedback for IObit Malware Fighter 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

send feedback button only directs me to this site! Perhaps not everybody wishes to become a member, but would like to respond directly.

Comment

The software is great. It doesn't hog system resources as 90% of the AV solutions do. It has an interface non-computer users can understand. The features are rich and does not bog you down with unnecessary "report suspicious files" constantly. I don't see a need for the "Action Center" tab, as it does not pertain to the product, but it's easy to ignore. The "protect History" section shows the utilization, which is nice system resource tool. I would like to see % used in the Plugin toolbar. That would let the user know which plugin's can safely be disabled/removed without impacting often used plugins. 5 stars!

Comment

Originally posted by mjsimons9757 View Post
        Very pleased with IMF 3 beta1. I do have one concern however. IMF 3 routinely pops on my screen at the most inopportune times. So often that it is becoming slightly annoying. This never happened with earlier versions of this app. Is this a feature of this new version or have I inadvertently changed a setting? More importantly can I disable this feature? Otherwise IMF3 Beta has functioned flawlessly. I am very grateful for the USB drive scan. Just for fun I took a stack of flash drives I had sitting around and simply plugged them in. One of my favorites a drive I use often, came up infected with malware. I've been informing friends of this handy feature.
        Hi mjsimons9757,

What kind of pop ups you got? Please send us the screenshot of the pop ups so that we can check them clearly and provide accurate solution.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

Furthermore, you can change the notifications in Settings.

IObit Support Team --
        If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by mclea View Post
          send feedback button only directs me to this site! Perhaps not everybody wishes to become a member, but would like to respond directly.
          Hello mclea,

Sorry for any trouble. You can send your feedback directly to imfsupport@iobit.com

Welcome your suggestions and feedback.
          IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by mclea View Post
            I downloaded Malaware 3 2 days ago, but now I cannot open the software from anywhere except Start/All programmes/malaware fighter- right click and select "scan with iobit malaware fighter@"
            Hi mclea,

Please check your Private Message and download the program to see if the problem is solved.
            IObit Support Team --

Comment

Originally posted by tomtom33 View Post
              Hello all,

I have installed and checked IMF V3.0 beta a bit and lokks very good, works fine even with other protection-Software (Kaspersky-Pure and some smaller Special Tools), so I Encounter no Problems at all yet and also the detection rate looks good, as I can check at the moment.

But there is also a little critic to the cloud security function to Analyse file, or tell it a Suggestion: the filesize-limit (with 20 mb) is much to low, to give the user a Chance to send files to you, because the most maleware and of course viruses are hidden in larger files and it is no Problem for the vendors of These maleware to generate larger files by filling the code with zero-Bytes, or using hunks or simular technics.
              I also know, that this done to prevent for server-Problems, but here Comes the idea:
              You know about virustotal.com I think and they uses over 50 anti-Virus-engines to check files send to the page and they recognize known-files by hashcodes, what prevent also from too much traffic.
              So what is, if you work together with them (if not already), generate at first a hashcode on the machine from the Sender, check the site if this file is already scanned there and the scan is actual, then if it is not the case, then you let automaticaly generate a Report from the site and after that Procedere you upload it it to your own cloud for further checks and analysing.
              You can also get the result-page to the uploader, so there is a first quickcheck available, that includes also some informations about used resources etc. that can help some People who have more advanced knowledge to get a quick overview to rate the file (I use it often on suspicious files).
              That will be the nice sideeffect, that if there are new maleware found, or new technics are used, the detection of that is much quicker for all that fight against maleware and viruses and of course for every user.

Sorry for my bad written english, but it is not my native language, so I´ll hope it is understandable enough.

So I wish all merry Christmas and a happy new year

tomtom33
              Hi tomtom33,

Thanks for your great suggestion. I will forward it to our engineers who will study to improve the cloud function.

Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year to you too and your family.
              IObit Support Team --

Comment

Probando el IMF 3 beta 1.0, excelente comportamiento, rapidez en el proceso de escaneo, me gustaria mas detalles sobre los las amenazas que haya detectado ya que arroja pocos datos sobre ello y una sandbox integrada seria muy bueno.

Google translation:

IMF 3 beta testing 1.0, excellent performance, quick scanning process, I would like more details about the threats detected because it sheds little information about it and a very good serious integrated sandbox.
                Last edited by enoskype; Dec. 23rd, 2014, 14:35. Reason: Google translation

Comment

So far, I am very pleased with IMF3. I have been using IObit since 2007. Used to used Norton.

Comment

I have no idea if this is a false positive or not but a quick scan on IMF3 found this while Avast Free Antivirus did not on a full scan.

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 3.0.0.60
                    Database Version: 1403
                    Time Elapsed: 00:03:02
                    Objects Scanned: 56317
                    Threats Found: 1
                    Save Time: 12/24/2014 12:54:37 AM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|
                    Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\WINDOWS\HideWin.exe, 4154951

Comment

A full scan revealed this log,Again Avast Free did not find this.

IObit Malware Fighter

Time Elapsed: 00:09:07
                      Objects Scanned: 60581
                      Save Time: 12/24/2014 1:09:09 AM

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\System Volume Information\_restore{2BAC2F2A-5F30-4F04-A50B-3749E04903BA}\RP21\A0002133.exe, 4154951

Comment

Originally posted by dragonhood View Post
                        A full scan revealed this log,Again Avast Free did not find this.

IObit Malware Fighter

Time Elapsed: 00:09:07
                        Objects Scanned: 60581
                        Save Time: 12/24/2014 1:09:09 AM

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\System Volume Information\_restore{2BAC2F2A-5F30-4F04-A50B-3749E04903BA}\RP21\A0002133.exe, 4154951

Hi dragonhood,

To check whether they are false positives, please provide us with more information below:

1. Upload all the reported file to Virus Total and supply the report links.
                        2. Zip the file and upload it to Wikisend and give us the download link.

Thank you.
                        IObit Support Team --

Comment

Just installed without problem on Win 8.1 system.

Comment

The progress bar indicator for IMF 3 Beta shows progress far higher than actual progress. For example: on my system it reached 99% complete after Elapsed Time of 00:8:25 and 76300 Objects Scanned. It didn't reach 100% until Elapsed Time of 00:15:29 and 92900 Objects Scanned. I've noticed that the same thing happens with Smart Defrag 3.3. The SD program reports 99% complete when it is not much more than half way through the defrag exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsharr View Post
                              The progress bar indicator for IMF 3 Beta shows progress far higher than actual progress. For example: on my system it reached 99% complete after Elapsed Time of 00:8:25 and 76300 Objects Scanned. It didn't reach 100% until Elapsed Time of 00:15:29 and 92900 Objects Scanned. I've noticed that the same thing happens with Smart Defrag 3.3. The SD program reports 99% complete when it is not much more than half way through the defrag exercise.
                              Hi mrsharr,

Welcome to IObit Forum.

Thanks for letting us know the issue. We are improving the function now.

Have a Merry Christmas. Cheers.
                              IObit Support Team --

Comment

So far very good. My first scan found several things that had been missed by other products. Noticeable improvement in computer speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X