beta 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beta 3

First time user so kind of new at this. So far I like what I see and the ease of use. Very user friendly after I fully use all the functions I will post the results. Of course I have win XP so I don't know how this will play out for the newer op systems.

XP is still supported. As far as I can think of, I think XP will still be supported by providers for the next decade?

IMF
    Supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8

Comment

I installed the beta 3 version from the 2.5 version earlier today to see how it would work with Windows XP Professional. The installation went fine and I went about my business. When I tried to shut down the computer it wouldn't do anything. I could go back, hit "start" and "shut down" and nothing would happen. I turned off the computer manually by depressing the power button and later on restarted it. When it came time to turn off the computer the same thing happened. This time I tried using system restore, not understanding what was going on. I got the popup from Malware 3 beta asking me if I would allow which I did for both times I attempted to use system restore. Each time the system restore window frozed up. The second time I decided to remove the beta version using the Iobit uninstaller. The beta was removed and when I turned off the computer it shut down properly. I turned it back on and reinstalled Malware 2.5 and ran it with the box checked to shut down the computer. It preformed this task. I turned the computer back on and haven't had any other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sertorius View Post
        I installed the beta 3 version from the 2.5 version earlier today to see how it would work with Windows XP Professional. The installation went fine and I went about my business. When I tried to shut down the computer it wouldn't do anything. I could go back, hit "start" and "shut down" and nothing would happen. I turned off the computer manually by depressing the power button and later on restarted it. When it came time to turn off the computer the same thing happened. This time I tried using system restore, not understanding what was going on. I got the popup from Malware 3 beta asking me if I would allow which I did for both times I attempted to use system restore. Each time the system restore window frozed up. The second time I decided to remove the beta version using the Iobit uninstaller. The beta was removed and when I turned off the computer it shut down properly. I turned it back on and reinstalled Malware 2.5 and ran it with the box checked to shut down the computer. It preformed this task. I turned the computer back on and haven't had any other problems.

Hi Sertorius,

Sorry for the trouble you encountered.

Normally, IMF 3 will not cause such trouble. This is the first time we heard the feedback. Please help us investigate it with the steps below:

1. What did you do with IMF 3 beta before the trouble came up?
        2. Regarding "Malware 3 beta asking me if I would allow which I did for both times I attempted to use system restore", please give us the exact information of the message you got from IMF 3 beta.
        3. Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. Then you will get zipped file IObit_Debug_Info on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.
        IObit Support Team --
        If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

I am subscriber to IObit software for last five years and appreciate this valuable tool providing security and smooth operation of my computer.

Regarding IObit Malware 3 Beta I have following question and suggestion to add to complete and secure service of your software.

1) I am worried about files that are growing in Windows … AppData\Local\Temp\~etc. such as in message enclosed.

Cannot access file or folder: C:\Users\Branson\AppData\Local\Temp\~DF26F1FE50626178D5.TMP

Does any of your software clean History and Thumbs files ? I have programs which are finding these files even after scan and repairs provided by your software. Can you add these to your cleaning procedure ?

I will appreciate your kind reply.

Comment

Originally posted by barry45 View Post
            I am subscriber to IObit software for last five years and appreciate this valuable tool providing security and smooth operation of my computer.

Regarding IObit Malware 3 Beta I have following question and suggestion to add to complete and secure service of your software.

1) I am worried about files that are growing in Windows … AppData\Local\Temp\~etc. such as in message enclosed.

Cannot access file or folder: C:\Users\Branson\AppData\Local\Temp\~DF26F1FE50626178D5.TMP

Does any of your software clean History and Thumbs files ? I have programs which are finding these files even after scan and repairs provided by your software. Can you add these to your cleaning procedure ?

I will appreciate your kind reply.
            Hi barry,

With regards to your concern, we advise you use Advanced SystemCare to clean the history and junk files for you. Advanced SystemCare is a system optimization program. Click here to learn more and download it.

Cheers.
            IObit Support Team --
            If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Working...
            X