Avast Security reports latest IMF setup file as a threat-[SOLVED]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avast Security reports latest IMF setup file as a threat-[SOLVED]

I just tried to execute the set-up file for the latest IMF version 3.0.2.25 and my Avast Internet Security software deleted it as a threat (malware). Can you guys inform Avast that this is a false positive?

Thanks

lee jolly

Originally posted by Leeman View Post
    I just tried to execute the set-up file for the latest IMF version 3.0.2.25 and my Avast Internet Security software deleted it as a threat (malware). Can you guys inform Avast that this is a false positive?

Thanks

lee jolly
    You should be able to set up an exception in Avast! Scan the IMF installer using an avast! contextual scan and then identify it as an exception if needed
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
    Bill Gates

Comment

Thanks

lee jolly

Hi Leeman,

For further investigation the issue, please send us the screenshot of the trouble or any error message

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

Thank you.
      IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

What I did was shut down the Avast shields, then was able to execute and install IMF without a problem. I rebooted and Avast saw no conflict with the new IMF version.

Comment

What I did was shut down the Avast shields, then was able to execute and install IMF without a problem. I rebooted and Avast saw no conflict with the new IMF version.

Glad to hear that the problem was solved.

Cheers.
          IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by Cicely View Post

Glad to hear that the problem was solved.

Cheers.
            Cicely
            The issue was not solved.
            The User found a workaround. The issue will only be resolved when Avast no longer sees the setup file as malware. Until that happens
            other users will be affected by the same issue.
            To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Hi Scannan,

Sorry that I misunderstood.

Hi Leeman,

Please turn on Avast shields and download the latest IMF 3 from http://www.wikisend.com/download/647...hter-Setup.exe to see if the problem is solved.

Cheers.

IObit Support Team --

Comment

Hi Cicely and Scannan,
                Downloaded the latest IMF 3 from the given Wikisend site and there were no problems from Avast IMF extracted and installed with no issues with Avast shields on

Thanks!

leeman

Comment

Working...
                X