IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Avast Security reports latest IMF setup file as a threat-[SOLVED]

Leeman

I just tried to execute the set-up file for the latest IMF version 3.0.2.25 and my Avast Internet Security software deleted it as a threat (malware). Can you guys inform Avast that this is a false positive?

Thanks

lee jolly

You should be able to set up an exception in Avast! Scan the IMF installer using an avast! contextual scan and then identify it as an exception if needed

I just tried to execute the set-up file for the latest IMF version 3.0.2.25 and my Avast Internet Security software deleted it as a threat (malware). Can you guys inform Avast that this is a false positive?

Thanks

lee jolly

Hi Leeman,

For further investigation the issue, please send us the screenshot of the trouble or any error message

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thank you.

Glad to hear that the problem was solved.

Cheers.

Cicely

The issue was not solved.

The User found a workaround. The issue will only be resolved when Avast no longer sees the setup file as malware. Until that happens

other users will be affected by the same issue.

Archived