IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Version 3.0.2.29 Installation Comments

There is a lot here so I will try and put it in some orderly way.

A. Install issues preventing uprade from 3.0.2.25 Pro

1. W7-SP1 - None

2. W10 TP 9926 - Upgrade from 3.0.2.25 fails in the first attempt. It failed on all three of my W10 TP 9926 computers. At the point of fail 3.0.2.25 has been removed from your computer by the 3.0.2.29 installer. However, not all files have been removed so you need reboot your computer. After rebooting your computer you can then install 3.0.2.29 without a problem.

Alternatively you can uninstall 3.0.2.25 first using IObit Uninstaller but this also not only requires a reboot but if you are a Pro user you have to register 3.0.2.29 by entering your license.

3. No idea if there are any issues upgrading on W8.X, Vista or XP

B. PUPs

There are the usual PUPs compliments of IObit that are included in this upgrade. So beware not to click through unless you want the PUPs.

C. Left over files talking to the Internet.

Last week I added a new tool to my anti-malware arsenal. It is called WinPrivacy and was developed by the Ruiware which now has the rights to WinPatrol. Anyway WinPrivacy does several things including compiling a list of all programs/flies that are communicating with the Internet. You can block them with the program. However, the point here is that WinPrivacy identified two files that the 3.0.2.29 intallation process puts in the C:\User\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp folder. that communicate with the Internet.

These files can be removed with various file cleaners available, some of which are free. In anycase they can probably be deleted manually after the install. If you look in the folder mentioned above it will obvious which ones they are.

Archived