IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[IDEA/BUG?] Not recognized by Windows Action Center as Virus or Spyware protection software

tgp1994

Hope you guys aren't tired of me yet!

Something else I noticed while installing Malware Fighter 3 (Pro) is that the Windows Action Center does not appear to recognize it as valid Virus or Spyware protection, so Windows Defender continues to run in the background. I was hoping IOBit could go through the motions with Microsoft to become recognized as security software for windows, unless MF3 is intended to run alongside Windows Defender?

I'm running Windows 8.1.

Hi tgp1994,

Please turn on Windows Defender, as it is also an ant-virus program.

I believe Action Center will not show any notification, as IMF overtakes the anti-malware malware part of it.

I do use W 8.1 x64, Windows Defender and IMF 3, and there is no notifications unless the database is outdated.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, sorry for taking awhile to reply...

I'm looking at another computer of mine right now with Norton 360 installed, and it appears to have replaced Windows Defender in the Security monitoring line. I was always told that running two anti-malware programs at the same time is a bad idea, shouldn't IMF 3 be disabling Defender automatically?

Archived