Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malware Fighter 3.4.0.9 Free - Quarantine option not working and potential false positive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware Fighter 3.4.0.9 Free - Quarantine option not working and potential false positive

I have a Lenovo G570 laptop with Win7. A full scan with auto-repair deleted 'esrv.exe', which is part of my Intel battery management suite. I wanted to restore it and scan with other vendor products but it wasn't in the quarantine list. Odd - I thought I had the 'Quarantine threats when deleting them' selected. Double-checked that... and yes it is selected. So consider that point a bug report.

The report entry says:
    Misleading.FakeAV, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\esrv.EXE, 2016580

I cannot say this was definitely a false positive, but Malwarebytes didn't catch it last week. My issue is that the file was deleted and I don't appear to be able to get it back. I downloaded the IOBit Toolbox and tried to recover it with Undelete, but it was not found with the 'All Files' option. I appear to be screwed.

Any thoughts or advice on recovering that file appreciated. I do NOT want to do a full 'harddrive reset to factory' to get it.

Hi dizneyguy, welcome to IObit Forum!

Please check your PM (Private Messages).

Cheers.
    enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Hi dizneyguy,

Welcome to IObit Forum! Have you solved the issue now? Guessing enoskype has helped you out of it.

By the way, the item you mentioned is not a file but registry. For these registries, it will be deleted directly as you mentioned. We will make improvements in the future.
      IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Ahhh - I thought so but then a search for the esrv.exe file on my system didn't find it so I thought it had been deleted by Malware Fighter too. Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Hi dizneyguy,

Sorry to hear that.

Well, you can re-create the registry under the the same path Misleading.FakeAV, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\esrv.EXE, 2016580 manually. Or do you know what the registry is for? If you know, you can re-install the program to get the registry back.
          IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Working...
          X