IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Protection WEBCAM Activation does produce BSODs under W10 64bit v1903 PCs

Hello,

When IMF v7 PRO Webcam Protection is active I get immediate BSODs when I try to use the Logitech webcam whatever the webcam application is used (Skype, Logitech Capture, etc..)

Webcam is LOGITECH BRIO 4K Stream Edition, OS used: W10 64bits v1903 Build 18362.116., Webcam is plugged directly on any USB 3.0 port available.

Problem is observed on two different machines equipped with the same webcam device.

When DEACTIVATE IOBIT MF Webcam protection PRO feature all webcam applications are working fine !

This sounds to me like an issue that should be sent to Microsoft on their Bug report facility, since this only

occurs since 1903 upgrade, and appears to be just another item which MS needs to fix...(one of many)

Most likely a driver issue.

Also check the Logitech site, as they may be aware of the issue and may have an updated Driver.

• 2 months later...

Even with the most recent Logitech webcam drivers and the most recent W10 1903 updates applied the issue is not fixed.

It is a issue with IOBIT Protection webcam feature. (v7 or v9)

Can you try on your side whatever the USB3.0 webcam manufacturer you do use ?

Hi 100PIER,

Sorry for my late reply?

Do you still meet BSOD issue? If you do, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.

Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi 100PIER,

Sorry for my late reply.

After analysis, it is found that there is no MiniDump files on BSOD.

1) To look into the issue further, please refer to https://blog.nirsoft.net/2010/07/27/how-to-configure-windows-to-create-minidump-files-on-bsod/ to configure Windows to create MiniDump files on BSOD.

2) Please enable webcam protection when BOSD happens, please run the tool http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe again and send us the collected message to help us look into the issue.

Thanks for helping us looking into the issue.

Hi Cicely,

To be clear, there is no BSOD, but the webcam does provide a black freeze display like if the video driver does not work at all.

For a test I will enable webcam protection and will provide you again a iobit report which will be very similar to those you already have.

Again, without webcam protection all webcam functionnalities are OK.

Please, can you do a test on your side with any standard webcam (USB cable) you have and do activate the IOBIT webcam protection and do observe what happen.

Without doing this quite simple test on your side we will no progress.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Cicely,

Thanks for escalation of the issue.

To help your product team to reproduce 100% sure the issue I do suggest to install LOGITECH application named "Logi Capture" v1.10.110 and a USB Logitech webcam BRIO 4K "Stream Edition" (firmware up to date v2.0.2, EEPROM v1.22) plugged on any USB 3.0 port of a PC W10 64 bits v1903 (build 18362.295).

Do verify that without "Activate Webcam Protection" option all is working properly. (videos and photo capture).

First possible scenario: if you start Logi Capture and then do "Activate Webcam Protection" and then do "Authorize webcam" the current display does freeze immediatly.

Video display does freeze immediatly.

Second possible scenario: if you permanently do "Activate Webcam Protection", then start Logi Capture and then do "Authorize webcam" you get immediatly a black display.

May be you should synch with Logitech webcam manufacturer to solve the issues.

Regards