IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem with Malware fighter, laptop crash after hibernation

I have a problem with Malware Fighter 7. According the software, I have the latest version.

After the update of Windows 10 from 1809 to 1903 version, I get blue screens. According to Who Crashed the problem is the file, imfcameraprotect.sys (IMFCameraProtect, IObit) of Oibit malware fighter 7. And indeed if I disable the protection of the webcam in this program, I will no longer get blue screens.

This only happens if I start the computer after hibernation.

If I shut down and restart the computer normally, this will not happen

With Windows 10 version 1809, I had never problems.

Report Whoscrashed:

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Wed 19-6-2019 09:00:14 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061919-5703-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BC8A0)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x20A0A0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80478A267C6)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 19-6-2019 09:00:14 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: imfcameraprotect.sys (IMFCameraProtect+0x23BC)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x20A0A0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80478A267C6)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\imfcameraprotect.sys

product: IObit Malware Fighter

company: IObit

description: IMFCameraProtect

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: imfcameraprotect.sys (IMFCameraProtect, IObit).

Google query: imfcameraprotect.sys IObit IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

;Logic says that it is the windows update causing the issue, seeing as everything worked with 1809.

Either Microsoft will resolve the issue in a future update, or Iobit will have to change something in IMF to suit 1903.

In the meantime, the most likely reason for your bluescreens is that the GPU is timing out because the camera is not responding quick enough following hibernation.

Go to device manager/imaging devices and open proberties dialog for your camera and select events. This list will tell you what has occurred with your camera.

Also look to see if there is an update for your camera driver.

Also check if there is an update for your graphics driver.

Update drivers with Driver Booster 6 has not helped. Search drivers in Asu and Inte websitel and found even an aternative driver for the webcam, but all this did not help. Restored Windows 10 to version 1809 and no more problems anymore. Wait until version 1903 is correct. Thank you for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob Blokland ,

Have you still got Blue Screen? If you did, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.

Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.