Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IObit Malware Fighter 2.0 Final discussions, suggestions, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IObit Malware Fighter 2.0 Final discussions, suggestions, etc.

I put this separate thread up for all that have suggestions,gripes,problems and other issues with Malware Fighter 2.0 Final all by itself.Please feel free to post away!
    What they tell me that just ain't so bothers me!

Action Center

Under the 'Action Center' there is no way to set or tell when a defrag is necessary. The industry standard is 5% fragmentation.

Might an adjustable 'Defrag' dropdown be included in a future MF 2.1?

-Cowboy

Comment

general

Hi
      DV8 regarding the smart defrag dropdown,
      if you havn't got smart dfrag installed it shows Fix so it might be difficult to adopt your suggestion, this section is i suspect more for sales purposes.

Roy
      if in doubt use a hammer

Comment

scan comments

first scan
        Approx 129K records scanned took 25 mins
        nice to see scan progress on the toolbar icon, but still sticks at 74% for ages
        when inspecting registry still says Suspect, checking or inspecting would be better
        Dog setting now appears to stay on high if selected

Roy
        if in doubt use a hammer

Comment

Hello,

Is there any way, to receive Green colour in Centre Action, without Smart Defrag and Asc?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikołaj View Post
            Hello,

Is there any way, to receive Green colour in Centre Action, without Smart Defrag and Asc?
            Hi Mikołaj,

The only way to have Green color for Smart Defrag and ASC is to install them. :-P:lol::lol::lol:

I am just teasing, it shouldn't be red anyway. IObit has to do something to change the behaviour in Action Center.

Cheers.
            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Thanks enoskype, for Yor fast response. It'll be great if IObit change this:)

BR

Mikołaj

Comment

Hi all your guys,

Thanks for all your active feedbacks and suggestions. :wink:

I have forwarded your suggestion "to receive Green colour in Action Centre without Smart Defrag and ASC" to our product team for consideration.

And, dv8cowboy, could you please describe your suggestion about the " 'Defrag' dropdown" more clearly?

Thanks all your guys again. Let's get together to improve IMF v2. Cheers.:-D
                IObit Support Team --
                If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

@Cicely!

Originally posted by Cicely View Post
                  Hi all your guys,

Thanks for all your active feedbacks and suggestions. :wink:

I have forwarded your suggestion "to receive Green colour in Action Centre without Smart Defrag and ASC" to our product team for consideration.

And, dv8cowboy, could you please describe your suggestion about the " 'Defrag' dropdown" more clearly?

Thanks all your guys again. Let's get together to improve IMF v2. Cheers.:-D

Cicely,
                  What I am talking about is a 'user' controlled defrag%,ie like a button that drops down with different %'s of fragmentation where the user sets the % defrag parameters.

All we have now is a "Fine" button and I do not have a clue as to what IObit considers NOT FINE. :mrgreen:

I think most users are smart enough to defrag when their machines need to be defragged,but like I said,I suspect the 5% level would be where the warning to defrag is.

I think a 'drop down' list of user chosen %'s to warn a user is more useful with a warning at 5% by default being a given.

Am I clear enough or have I confused you even more??! :lol:

-Cowboy

Comment

IObit Malware Fighter 2.0 Final

I like this seperate thread to discuss IObit Malware Fighter v2.0, thanks Cowboy. :lol: 8-)

I am thinking to make it sticky. :razz:

Cheers.
                    enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

@enoskype!

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                      I like this seperate thread to discuss IObit Malware Fighter v2.0, thanks Cowboy. :lol: 8-)

I am thinking to make it sticky. :razz:

Cheers.

Aww shucks mate,little ole me? My first sticky and I would be honored..:grin:

-Cowboy

Comment

First, some of the posts had to go to Daily dose in Other Software Programs section. :mrgreen:

Second, @Buddahfan, please tell me what would you like the title to be! Daily dose is my imagination of your usage. :lol:

Cheers.
                        enoskype

Comment

@enoskype!

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                          First some of the posts go to Orher Software Programs section. :mrgreen:

Cheers.

I can see that some of my 'secret sources' are not good for here! :mrgreen:

-Cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by dv8cowboy View Post
                            Cicely,
                            What I am talking about is a 'user' controlled defrag%,ie like a button that drops down with different %'s of fragmentation where the user sets the % defrag parameters.

All we have now is a "Fine" button and I do not have a clue as to what IObit considers NOT FINE. :mrgreen:

I think most users are smart enough to defrag when their machines need to be defragged,but like I said,I suspect the 5% level would be where the warning to defrag is.

I think a 'drop down' list of user chosen %'s to warn a user is more useful with a warning at 5% by default being a given.

On second thought lass...
                            A dropdown list would be too cumbersome.But there is no delineation as to what 'Fine' and 'Fix' are in the software.I think users should have a choice as to what% that they need to defrag, a 'Blank Box' for a user to put in a % at which he would be notified to 'Fix' sounds like a winner to me.You know different strokes for different people. :wink:

It doesn't affect me that much because I use UltraDefrag from Sourceforge that can defrag any file, with many options and does a Bootup defrag that usually finds 10-30 fragments that I suspect are in the MBR. I defrag at the end of every session/day as a matter of routine and with the Bootup defrag I have a clean machine! :grin:

Of course I check with IObit Defrag 2.7 to check and verify we are on the same page.Maybe in the future IObit will spend more development time on 2.7 on some of those excellent features but I know they have other priorities right now...

Am I clear enough or have I confused you even more??! :mrgreen:

-Cowboy
                            Last edited by dv8cowboy; May. 21st, 2013, 22:52. Reason: sp

Comment

Dont reply to me I wont come check that thread again in the future.

When malware fighter 2 find a modification to the registry it's not clear what it is exactly, it's not showing enough informations. I'm not a registry expert, it's not enough noob friendly if I can say that like that lol. We should be able to see what is doing the change exactly (what program) and not just the change itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X