IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Malware Fighter 2.0 Final discussions, suggestions, etc.

Action Center

Under the 'Action Center' there is no way to set or tell when a defrag is necessary. The industry standard is 5% fragmentation.

Might an adjustable 'Defrag' dropdown be included in a future MF 2.1?

-Cowboy

general

Hi

DV8 regarding the smart defrag dropdown,

if you havn't got smart dfrag installed it shows Fix so it might be difficult to adopt your suggestion, this section is i suspect more for sales purposes.

Roy

scan comments

first scan

Approx 129K records scanned took 25 mins

nice to see scan progress on the toolbar icon, but still sticks at 74% for ages

when inspecting registry still says Suspect, checking or inspecting would be better

Dog setting now appears to stay on high if selected

Roy

Hello,

Is there any way, to receive Green colour in Centre Action, without Smart Defrag and Asc?

Hi Mikołaj,

The only way to have Green color for Smart Defrag and ASC is to install them. :-P:lol::lol::lol:

I am just teasing, it shouldn't be red anyway. IObit has to do something to change the behaviour in Action Center.

Cheers.

Hi all your guys,

Thanks for all your active feedbacks and suggestions. :wink:

I have forwarded your suggestion "to receive Green colour in Action Centre without Smart Defrag and ASC" to our product team for consideration.

And, dv8cowboy, could you please describe your suggestion about the " 'Defrag' dropdown" more clearly?

Thanks all your guys again. Let's get together to improve IMF v2. Cheers.:-D

@Cicely!

Hi all your guys,

Thanks for all your active feedbacks and suggestions. :wink:

I have forwarded your suggestion "to receive Green colour in Action Centre without Smart Defrag and ASC" to our product team for consideration.

And, dv8cowboy, could you please describe your suggestion about the " 'Defrag' dropdown" more clearly?

Thanks all your guys again. Let's get together to improve IMF v2. Cheers.:-D

Cicely,

What I am talking about is a 'user' controlled defrag%,ie like a button that drops down with different %'s of fragmentation where the user sets the % defrag parameters.

All we have now is a "Fine" button and I do not have a clue as to what IObit considers NOT FINE. :mrgreen:

I think most users are smart enough to defrag when their machines need to be defragged,but like I said,I suspect the 5% level would be where the warning to defrag is.

I think a 'drop down' list of user chosen %'s to warn a user is more useful with a warning at 5% by default being a given.

Am I clear enough or have I confused you even more??! :lol:

-Cowboy

@enoskype!

I like this seperate thread to discuss IObit Malware Fighter v2.0, thanks Cowboy. :lol: 8-)

I am thinking to make it sticky. :razz:

Cheers.

Aww shucks mate,little ole me? My first sticky and I would be honored..:grin:

-Cowboy

Cicely,

What I am talking about is a 'user' controlled defrag%,ie like a button that drops down with different %'s of fragmentation where the user sets the % defrag parameters.

All we have now is a "Fine" button and I do not have a clue as to what IObit considers NOT FINE. :mrgreen:

I think most users are smart enough to defrag when their machines need to be defragged,but like I said,I suspect the 5% level would be where the warning to defrag is.

I think a 'drop down' list of user chosen %'s to warn a user is more useful with a warning at 5% by default being a given.

On second thought lass...

A dropdown list would be too cumbersome.But there is no delineation as to what 'Fine' and 'Fix' are in the software.I think users should have a choice as to what% that they need to defrag, a 'Blank Box' for a user to put in a % at which he would be notified to 'Fix' sounds like a winner to me.You know different strokes for different people. :wink:

It doesn't affect me that much because I use UltraDefrag from Sourceforge that can defrag any file, with many options and does a Bootup defrag that usually finds 10-30 fragments that I suspect are in the MBR. I defrag at the end of every session/day as a matter of routine and with the Bootup defrag I have a clean machine! :grin:

Of course I check with IObit Defrag 2.7 to check and verify we are on the same page.Maybe in the future IObit will spend more development time on 2.7 on some of those excellent features but I know they have other priorities right now...

Am I clear enough or have I confused you even more??! :mrgreen:

-Cowboy

• 2 months later...

Dont reply to me I wont come check that thread again in the future.

When malware fighter 2 find a modification to the registry it's not clear what it is exactly, it's not showing enough informations. I'm not a registry expert, it's not enough noob friendly if I can say that like that lol. We should be able to see what is doing the change exactly (what program) and not just the change itself.

• 6 months later...

amid525,

You can find the log files in .txt format in realtime folder @ :

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\log\realtime

or,

Click on to the rectangle you have shown, a graphic of scanned objects will be seen, and you can click on the log on top right of the graphic.

By the way, please update your IMF to the latest version 2.3.

You can find the download link in IObit Malware Fighter 2.3 (2.3.0.8) is released! thread.

Cheers.

Journal looked, but saw no network locks.

Blocked file objects have not seen.

I want to suggest, not in the magazine look, and in the program window.

Журнал смотрел, но сетевых блокировок не увидел.

Блокированных файловых объектов, тоже не видел.

Я хочу предложить, не в журнале смотреть, а в окне программы.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Iobit Malware Fighter 2 has some weak points:No protection against malicious downloads. Worst ever scores in both malware blocking and malware removal tests, Real-time protection doesn't kick in until malware tries to launch, Behavior-based detection flags both malicious and safe programs, No provision for handling malware that resists installation.

I suggest that in Iobit Malware Fighter 3 to be improved weak points.