IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Force Closes

tsagu

So I am having a problems with Malware Fighter v2. I can't launch my steam game called Garry's Mod. Whenever I do while MF is running, it force closes the game and doesn't give an error. Upon turning off MF and re-booting, I can access the game and play with no problems. I can't figure out how to add it to the ignore list, since the launch shortcut isn't an .exe, but instead considered a internet shortcut. I have went into my steamapps in my C drive to run a scan of the Garry's Mod folder, and see if I could add the entries into my ignore list, but was given no such options.

If someone could help and tell me what to do, that would be amazing, as I would feel much more comfortable having my MF v2 up and running.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi tsagu,

Sorry for my late reply.

Does the issue continues? If so, please try the steps below to see whether the issue can be solved.

1) Please right click the icon of your IOobit Malware Fighter on the desktop and choose " Open file Location"

2) Please find the folder " Driver", Then delete it.

3) Please reboot your PC to see whether the issue continues.

Hope it is helpful.:wink:

• 4 weeks later...

garrys mod will not run with iobit malware fighter

Confirmed iobit malware fighter pro, does not let Garrys mod game boot. and no seen pop ups or errors seen/found.

windows 7 pro 64 bit system.

and I need more info. then delete a folder drivers which is part of the antimalware program to see if it fixes it. ;(

wouldn't that mess things up?

ps. garys mod can be gotten cheap if you watch for the sales on steam. to figure out why this is blocking players from playing the game.

Serft

Archived