IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[Problem] IMF v2 Caused a Registry Issue

Obscuriter

I've been using IMF Pro for awhile now, since mid summer somewhere late June, as I recently was scanning my Laptop, a warning popped up about something, asking me if I wanted to block it, I honestly didn't know what it was wanting me to block ad it refused to give me any information on what it was specifically, and since I usually have it set to automatically fix the problem, I just decided to block it, thinking everything would be fine since it was never harmful to me before.

Now, I've found out it must of blocked one of my vital components to my Laptop's system field, Window's Installer, because I can't really install any Windows applications like Applocale, or even HP Software Framework, and my windows updates have been acting weird as well.

As much as I like the software, I can't really support it if issues like this are going to come up, is there ANYTHING that I can do that does not include me having to re-install my entire Operating system?

Here are more details:

*No, I did NOT click the remember checkbox.

**Even uninstalling IMF Completely didn't fix the problem.

*My Operating system is Windows 7: Professional.

Thank you for any help that an be provided.

- Go to : C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter folder and open remember.ini file by a text editor such as Notepad.

- Change 1 (one) to 0 (zero) for corresponding # to that blocked item such as below example:

[block]

1=1 ====> 1=0

Note: The "AppData" folder may be hidden by Windows (that is the default). The easiest way to unhide it regardless of which Windows OS you are using is to go to the Control Panel, enter "hidden" in search box. Then follow the yellow brick road to unhide the folder.

Archived