IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware fighter Stays in System Tray after startup?

PlaidBandit

Usually it goes away when I restart the laptop but, other times it still stays there and I have to reboot 3 or 4 times. It doesn't harm any processes, but it sure does get in the way when I only have room for 3 tasks, and Malware fighter is taking up one of those needed spaces unnecessarily. Anyone know how to stop this function or where to report it?

Hi PlaidBandit,

Thanks for your feedback.

If you do not want IObit Malware Fighter stays in the System Tray, please just turn off " Minimize to system tray when program is closed".

Actually, it is convenient to use IMF to keep its icon on the system tray.

If you have other questions, please feel free to tell us.

Thanks for supporting IObit. :-D

Thanks. I gave incorrect info haha. I meant the taskbar, not the system tray. :) Do you happen to know why it sometimes stays in the task bar, but when I restart it usually goes away. This is really a minor complaint, and I don't wanna complain haha, just an observation i've noticed :)

I also have the same problem and its not pinned in the task bar. It just shows up when I start computer. (I have purchased version). Clicking the Malware program on the task bar does nothing and attempting to close it does nothing. The system tray shows it also and clicking it does bring up the program...

I hope that makes sense..

Hi maonstad

Please go through your settings and see if they are configured as you want them to be.

You could copy the content of your main.ini file and insert it here, in order for others to see the configuration settings you have chosen.

The usual location is: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6 and then find the file main.ini

Cheers

solbjerg

I also have the same problem and its not pinned in the task bar. It just shows up when I start computer. (I have purchased version). Clicking the Malware program on the task bar does nothing and attempting to close it does nothing. The system tray shows it also and clicking it does bring up the program...

Hi maonstad,

Thanks for your feedback.

As I mentioned in #4 :when you click "-" to minimize IObit Malware Fighter, then the icon of IObit Malware Fighter will appear on the taskbar. When you click "x"to close IMF, then it will not appear in the taskbar

For the issue " Clicking the Malware program on the task bar does nothing and attempting to close it does nothing", please send main.ini file as solbjerg siad. Thanks solbjerg's timely reply.:wink:

No Main.ini file

Sorry for the delay,

I have tried to find the main.ini file, but the directions must be for windows xp. I am running windows vista. (yes I know, it should be windows 7 by now).

Upon finding ProgramData/Iobit/Advanced System Care 6.0) there is no Main.ini file. I have also looked in the Program Files with no luck. Sorry, I couldn't get you the information needed.

USERNAME is your user name in the PC.

Hi maonstad, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

In Vista, main.ini file should be @ the folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7

You have to have your files/folders NOT hidden to see the related folder.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

have you unchecked minimize to tray after program closes or run at startup in settings of imf 2 :smile:

If the icon is showing in the notification area of the Windows Taskbar; i.e. to the right side of the Taskbar and you want to remove it

1. Drag the icon to the up arrow and it will disappear from the Taskbar but will be visiable when you click the up arrow on the Taskbar.

2. Or you can right click the Taskbar, click on Properties, click Customise, find IMF and change the setting according to your needs. This may require a reboot to become effective.

Archived