IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 8.1 & IMF Allow-Block Pop-Up

Buddahfan

I use BD W8 Security (boo) as opposed to ASC Ultimate (applause) on three computers. Two are running W8.1 and one is running W8. I just disabled "autorun" on all three computers using BD W8 Security.

When I used BD W8 Security to disable "autorun" on the W8 computer IMF Pro gave me a popup message asking if I wanted to allow or block a change to my startup programs. I clicked allow.

When I used BD W8 security to disable "autorun" on my two W8.1 computers I did not get a popup from IMF Pro.

If fact come to think of it I don't recall seeing any IMF popup to allow or block on my two W8.1 computers since I upgraded those two computers to W8.1 about a week ago. Now it could be that I have not done anything on those two computers before disabling "autorun" that would have generated a popup if the actions were done on W8. However, that seems unlikely since I have installed a number of programs after IMF 2.0 Pro was running on W8.1.

My IMF Pro "Protect" settings are identical on all three computers, DOG is turned on and Protect is set to the recommended level.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed an update of a program I use. I installed the update on all four of my computers; i.e. two W8.1, one W8 and one W7-SP1. IMF Allow-Block pop-up appeared during the update only on the W8 and W7-SP1 computers but not on the W8.1 computers.

Since I have yet to see an Allow-Block pop-up on the computers with W8.1 since I did the update to W8.1 it appears that there could be indeed be a problem with IMF Pro v2.x not working correctly on W8.1 with respect to the Allow-Block pop-up feature.

Hi Buddahfan and enoskype,

@ Buddahfan , thanks for your feedback. I have reported the issue to our product team. As enoskype said, we will look into the issue and solve it asap.

Thanks enoskype's timely reply.

Thanks for your prompt and couteous repsone:-)

One thing regarding renewal of the IMF Pro license and on thing regarding the "Upgrade" button alongside the "Renewal" button.

The good.

The rewewal option though the IMF GUI works great. People just need to be aware of the option to untick autor-renewal box. Not saying they should do that, unclick it but if they don't they shouldn't then complain about IMF auto-renewing. The renewal price was discounted significantly for my IMF Pro license for three computers. 5 stars for this one.:smile::smile:

The bad

If you click on the "Upgrade" option next to the renewal one it leads to a website that WOT on Firefox has identified as a "risk" When I saw that I looked at the URL. As I recall it wasn't an Avangate or IObit URL at least in name. It was some other name I can't recall. After reading the URL name and not finding it to be Avangate or IObit I closed the tab in Firefox. One star for this one:shock:

Archived